Re: absolute home

  • imserv1
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2011
      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "tarpondaddy2002" <glenmh@...> wrote:

      > all,Hello
      >
      > Well I have a little question about my sherline cnc lathe. First of all
      > i bought it from IMService. It has servo motors and I upgraded the
      > spindle speed to 10,000 rpm.(more power) [:D] and have a second
      > generation controller running DexkCNC. now the question how do I know
      > where my absolute home is, in front of spindle , in front of chuck,
      > behinde chuck?

      Absolute Home - There is no such thing.

      Part Zero on a lathe is usually set to the front of the
      part for Z=0, and the center of revolution for X=0. Program
      your cad-cam system fron there, and set you machine
      coordinate to the same position when you run the G-code.

      If you have homing switches ( which we have just released a set)
      You can use WCO - Work Coordinate Offsets and Tool Offsets
      to adjust from your machine Home position to the relative part Zero.

      Fred Smith - IMService
      http://www.imsrv.com