absolute home

  • tarpondaddy2002
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2011
      all,Hello

      Well I have a little question about my sherline cnc lathe. First of all
      i bought it from IMService. It has servo motors and I upgraded the
      spindle speed to 10,000 rpm.(more power) [:D] and have a second
      generation controller running DexkCNC. now the question how do I know
      where my absolute home is, in front of spindle , in front of chuck,
      behinde chuck? I'm not real good at this cnc and gcode stuff. Do I set
      this in my software or my cgode file, Please help. Thanks

      Glen

    • imserv1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2011
        --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "tarpondaddy2002" <glenmh@...> wrote:

        > all,Hello
        >
        > Well I have a little question about my sherline cnc lathe. First of all
        > i bought it from IMService. It has servo motors and I upgraded the
        > spindle speed to 10,000 rpm.(more power) [:D] and have a second
        > generation controller running DexkCNC. now the question how do I know
        > where my absolute home is, in front of spindle , in front of chuck,
        > behinde chuck?

        Absolute Home - There is no such thing.

        Part Zero on a lathe is usually set to the front of the
        part for Z=0, and the center of revolution for X=0. Program
        your cad-cam system fron there, and set you machine
        coordinate to the same position when you run the G-code.

        If you have homing switches ( which we have just released a set)
        You can use WCO - Work Coordinate Offsets and Tool Offsets
        to adjust from your machine Home position to the relative part Zero.

        Fred Smith - IMService
        http://www.imsrv.com