Re: Parting Off

  • imserv1
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2011
      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "ztoddman1" <ztoddman1@...> wrote:

      > I am running the 2 axis CNC sherline lathe. dolphin CAd/Cam program which for a plug for them, fantastic! Highly recommended. My issue is this. I have no problem designing and machining a project, the problem I am having is parting it off. I have seen other videos of sherline lathes doing this but I cannot figure it out. Any type of assistance or direction in the right way would be greatly appreciated.
      > thanks

      You should probably contact Dolphin product support to get their recommendation.

      If you are able to manually cutoff, just replicate the same moves with the Cam program, IF you are using an in front tool. If you are using a behind tool, the X moves in the G-code will be inverted. If they have a parting process, use that, if not perhaps it can be accomplished using the grooving routine.

      Fred Smith IMService
      http://www.imsrv.com