Can we post for items for sale here?

  • Devin
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2011
      I upgraded to a larger cnc machine (39.9" X 9.5" table) and still have my sherline 5400 cnc 4 axis, just collecting dust.

      I'm not sure if we can post items for sale or not, if we can I will post specs and price and such. If not, its off to ebay. (c:

      Regards,
      Devin Cox
    • Alan
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 28, 2011
        Yes, please do!

        > On Behalf Of Devin
        >
        > I upgraded to a larger cnc machine (39.9" X 9.5" table) and still have my
        > sherline 5400 cnc 4 axis, just collecting dust.
        >
        > I'm not sure if we can post items for sale or not, if we can I will post
        specs and
        > price and such. If not, its off to ebay. (c:
        >
        > Regards,
        > Devin Cox
      • Devin
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
          Great.
          Its a 4 axis system. The machine has about 10 hours at the most, probably alot less, but definately no more than 10 hours. The rotary table was only used once.

          I am asking $1400.00 for everything:

          sherline 4" rotary table with stepper mounted
          Grifftek 4 axis cnc controller
          sherline 5400 mill
          dampers on 3 axis (not on rotary table)
          tilting angle table for rotary table
          right angle tailstock
          small sherline vise

          Many odds and ends, that I won't need on my larger machine, will be included.

          The controller is very nice and I never even began to use the capability of it. It has relays for coolent etc. It can handle limit switches but I never used them. I cant remember the specs on the steppers, or power supply right now (i'm at work) but when I get home I can look those up. There is no pc or software included.

          Thanks,
          Devin

          --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <KM6VV@...> wrote:

          > Yes, please do!
          >
          > Alan KM6VV

        • Bob
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 5, 2011
            --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "Devin" <Holyelvis@...> wrote:

            > I upgraded to a larger cnc machine (39.9" X 9.5" table) and still have my sherline 5400 cnc 4 axis, just collecting dust.
            >
            > I'm not sure if we can post items for sale or not, if we can I will post specs and price and such. If not, its off to ebay. (c:
            >
            > Regards,
            > Devin Cox

            I'm happy with my A2Z CNC/Sherline hybrid, but would you mind saying what the new mill is? A bigger CNC machine that isn't way out of budget would sure be interesting.

            Bob
          • Joe Rhys Fastiggi
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 6, 2011
              I have been looking seriously at the MicroKinetics 1236 lathe and Express
              Mills. Does anyone have any experience with either of them? Love to gets
              some real feedback before I move up.

              Rhys

            • Devin
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 21, 2011
                --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "Bob" <boblombardi@...> wrote:

                > --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "Devin" <Holyelvis@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I upgraded to a larger cnc machine (39.9" X 9.5" table) and still have my sherline 5400 cnc 4 axis, just collecting dust.
                > >
                > > I'm not sure if we can post items for sale or not, if we can I will post specs and price and such. If not, its off to ebay. (c:
                > >
                > > Regards,
                > > Devin Cox
                > >

                > I'm happy with my A2Z CNC/Sherline hybrid, but would you mind saying what the new mill is? A bigger CNC machine that isn't way out of budget would sure be interesting.
                >

                > Bob

                Sorry about the late reply Bob.
                I bought an Industrial Hobbies Mill.

                http://www.ihcnc.com/pages/bed-mill-pic.php

                I bought it for about $1100.00. It was barely used and in fantastic shape. This thing is huge and goes through aluminum like butter. I love my Sherlines, but man this thing makes quick work of once super tedious facing operations.

                Devin