Re: [SherlineCNC] Has Cnc Simulator gone away???

  • Shannon Haworth
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 20, 2010
      I use axis, which I believe is the default. I can load gcode and view
      the tool paths in 3d.

    • Andy M
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 20, 2010
        GDay All,

        Tony, you will need to uninstall CNC Simulator and then remove the CNC
        Simulator folder from Program Files, then reinstall CNC Simulator and
        you should be good to go.

        Regards
        Andy M

        On 21/09/2010 4:13 AM, Tony Zampini wrote:

        > Hi Rhys,
        >
        > I tried cleaning out the registry of all references to "cnc simulator"
        > and "cncsimulator" (without the space between words). Then I
        > restarted my laptop and tried to install fresh. But somehow it still
        > knows that my petrol has run out. It must use some sort of
        > hidden file, or unrecognizable registry entry.
        >
        > Oh well. I have another PC that never had CNC Simulator installed on it.
        > I will try to install on that one to see if it installs. Then again,
        > after 90 days, I will
        > be in the same boat. :(
        >
        > Thanks for your efforts.
        > Tony
      • Rhys Fastiggi
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 20, 2010
          Before you install it on the other machine do a system backup. Then when
          the 90 days are complete you can restore to the point. That should insure
          nothing is in the registry.

          Good Luck

          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 21, 2010
            Yes! Thanks for the tip.

            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 21, 2010
              Andy,

              I tried what you suggested and still no luck. Somehow,
              the program knows that it had been previously installed.

              The bigger question is: Is the author of CNC Simulator
              no longer offering this software? Or is it just that his
              website has a problem? I tried to contact him using
              support@..., but this email bounced.

              Tony

              Tony, you will need to uninstall CNC Simulator and then remove the CNC
              Simulator folder from Program Files, then reinstall CNC Simulator and
              you should be good to go.

              Regards
              Andy M

              On 21/09/2010 4:13 AM, Tony Zampini wrote:

              > Hi Rhys,
              >
              > I tried cleaning out the registry of all references to "cnc simulator"
              > and "cncsimulator" (without the space between words). Then I
              > restarted my laptop and tried to install fresh. But somehow it still
              > knows that my petrol has run out. It must use some sort of
              > hidden file, or unrecognizable registry entry.
              >
              > Oh well. I have another PC that never had CNC Simulator installed on it.
              > I will try to install on that one to see if it installs. Then again,
              > after 90 days, I will
              > be in the same boat. :(
              >
              > Thanks for your efforts.
              > Tony

            • Colburn Dick
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 21, 2010
                There could be a cookie set on your computer that is causing the problem.
                I had a similar situation setting up some phone documents and had to clear
                the cookies to get it to accept a new password.
                I haven't been following this thread very closely so my apologies if someone
                else already suggested this.

                On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Tony Zampini <zampini1@...> wrote:

                > Andy,
                >
                > I tried what you suggested and still no luck. Somehow,
                > the program knows that it had been previously installed.
                >
                > The bigger question is: Is the author of CNC Simulator
                > no longer offering this software? Or is it just that his
                > website has a problem? I tried to contact him using
                > support@... <support%40cncsimulator.com>, but this email
                > bounced.
                >
                > Tony

              • Rhys Fastiggi
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 21, 2010
                  How long ago did you actually install it on your computer? If it was only
                  90 days and you haven't installed a lot of other stuff maybe you can just go
                  ahead and restore it to a previous setting. You don't lose any data. You
                  can always restore it back to the current date again if it doesn't work. If
                  you only installed a couple of new programs then go ahead and uninstall them
                  first. Then restore and then reload.

                  Rhys

                  I tried what you suggested and still no luck. Somehow,
                  the program knows that it had been previously installed.

                  The bigger question is: Is the author of CNC Simulator
                  no longer offering this software? Or is it just that his
                  website has a problem? I tried to contact him using
                  support@... <mailto:support%40cncsimulator.com> , but this
                  email bounced.

                  Tony

                  Tony, you will need to uninstall CNC Simulator and then remove the CNC
                  Simulator folder from Program Files, then reinstall CNC Simulator and
                  you should be good to go.

                  Regards
                  Andy M

                  On 21/09/2010 4:13 AM, Tony Zampini wrote:

                  > Hi Rhys,
                  >
                  > I tried cleaning out the registry of all references to "cnc simulator"
                  > and "cncsimulator" (without the space between words). Then I
                  > restarted my laptop and tried to install fresh. But somehow it still
                  > knows that my petrol has run out. It must use some sort of
                  > hidden file, or unrecognizable registry entry.
                  >
                  > Oh well. I have another PC that never had CNC Simulator installed on it.
                  > I will try to install on that one to see if it installs. Then again,
                  > after 90 days, I will
                  > be in the same boat. :(
                  >
                  > Thanks for your efforts.
                  > Tony

                • jamboacn
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 21, 2010
                    Tony et. al.:
                    Their site is a little busted up, but it can be worked around.
                    To ensure you have the latest version installed, right click on the
                    "CncSetup4563.exe" link on the page that the following link will bring
                    you to, then save the installer where you'd like:
                    Download latest CNC Simulator
                    <http://www.cncsimulator.com/Files/download.htm/>

                    After installing the application, be sure to follow these directions at
                    the bottom of their Petrol Page
                    <http://www.cncsimulator.com/?page=petrolstation3.htm> :
                    "Because of problems with the binary petrol files have we now replaced
                    the files with a simple code.
                    To use the new system you need to replace the file ptrldriver.dll.
                    Download: ptrldriverPetrolKey.zip
                    <http://www.cncsimulator.com/ptrldriverPetrolKey.zip>

                    Unzip the file ptrldriver.dll into the install directory and replace the
                    old file."
                    Enjoy,
                    John Adam in Libertyville, IL

                  • Tony Zampini
                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 21, 2010
                      Hi John,

                      Thanks for your efforts, but even with the new petrol driver file,
                      when I run the simulator, it still shows that I am out of fuel.
                      The petrol station at cncsimulator.com is not working, so I
                      am still dead in the water.

                      Also, I happen to already have the installer file (cncsetup453.exe),
                      so I didn't need to download it. However, I tried your first link. And when
                      I right clicked on "CncSetup453.exe" and clicked "Save Target As"
                      I get a 404 error. This is very strange since the file appears in the
                      file list, but it isn't really there (or it is flagged as private or something).

                      Tony

                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 21, 2010
                        Did you follow the instructions at the bottom of the Petrol Station page, namely, replacing the "ptrldriver.dll" with the new one?

                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 22, 2010
                          Good suggestion I'll keep that in mind in the future.

                          Rhys

                          <mailto:zampini1%40cox.net> > wrote:

                          > Andy,
                          >
                          > I tried what you suggested and still no luck. Somehow,
                          > the program knows that it had been previously installed.
                          >
                          > The bigger question is: Is the author of CNC Simulator
                          > no longer offering this software? Or is it just that his
                          > website has a problem? I tried to contact him using
                          > support@... <mailto:support%40cncsimulator.com>
                          <support%40cncsimulator.com>, but this email
                          > bounced.
                          >
                          > Tony

                        • Tony Zampini
                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 22, 2010
                            John,

                            Yes I did. And I know the new ptrldriver.dll is installed because
                            now the "You've run out of fuel" dialog box looks different.

                            Apparently with the new petrol system, you need to copy
                            and paste the fuel code into the petrol filling station on
                            cncsimulator.com (which looks like a gas pump), then you
                            put in your email address, and click "FULL TANK". It is
                            at this point when I get an error. It looks to be a PHP emailing
                            error. Here's the error:

                            Fatal error: Call to undefined function checkdnsrr() in
                            C:\HostingSpaces\crille\cncsimulator.com\wwwroot\www\emailPtrl3.php on line
                            17

                            Tony

                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 22, 2010
                              Tony,

                              It's too bad it took 22 posts to get to the salient error: If I had seen the Fatal Error included in this last post of yours included in your first post, I would have informed you that you were running the latest version of CNCSimulator and that there is nothing wrong with it and that there is nothing we can do but hope the site's administrator(s) will fix it after contacting them.

                              I just received the same bounce message and dug up CNCSimulator's email host and sent them a message inquiring upon whether CNCSimulator's administrators have abandoned the site or are aware that their email is bouncing and their site is not working so well. Will advise on receipt of answer.

                              John

                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 22, 2010
                                John,

                                Sorry about not stating the error earlier. I actually did include that error
                                in an earlier email,
                                but it was an email to a gent who had sent me his copy of the installer. I
                                simply forgot that
                                I hadn't sent it to this group.

                                I sure hope there is some way we can salvage this great piece of software. I
                                started experimenting
                                with a utility called ProcessMon (formally FileMon and RegMon) which
                                monitors
                                registry accesses and file accesses. I figured I could monitor the startup
                                of cncsimulator
                                to see what registry entries and/or files were accessed. I'll let you know
                                what I find.

                                Anyway, I'd be interested to know what you learn about their website.

                                Regards,

                              • Peter
                                Message 15 of 25 , Oct 5, 2010
                                  Hi,

                                  I now have a CNC simulator available. It's not free though, but is very affordable and capable.

                                  There's a Mill version;
                                  http://homanndesigns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=114

                                  And a lathe version:
                                  http://homanndesigns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=115