Re: [SherlineCNC] Re: CNC Lathe

  • Alex Tenenbaum
    Message 1 of 50 , Aug 25, 2010
      If motors properly engaged, it would be very hard to turn them by hand.
      Check the wiring.

      On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:19 PM, ztoddman1 <ztoddman1@...> wrote:

      > The were engaged. Would turn by hand. Thought maybe I had the wires crossed
      > but that was a no go too.
      >

      > --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com <SherlineCNC%40yahoogroups.com>, "Rhys
      > Fastiggi" <rhys1@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > After you powered everything up, make sure your motors are engaged. You
      > > should not be able to turn them by hand. If you can move them then the
      > > power is not getting to the motors. check out controller. If they are
      > > powered up then check your program. I am not sure what you are using and
      > > am only familiar with Flashcut, but make sure you are not outside any
      > > limits. Maybe you are trying to move outside the Machine Coor. Clear them
      > > if you can or try moving in a different direction.
      > >

      > > hope that helps a little.
      > >

      > > Good Luck
      > >
      > > Rhys

    • Andy M
      Message 50 of 50 , Jul 10 10:47 AM
        GDay All,

        Martin, that's a very good point you made about the fumes from PTFE. I
        should have differentiated between the two methods, but I failed to do so.

        Thanks for reminding me and others of the potential dangers involved.

        --
        Regards
        Andy M

        Thunderbird 13.0.1