Re: [SherlineCNC] help please

  • Tom Wade
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 7, 2010
      You should be running EMC2, not EMC.

      Tom Wade

      On 6/7/2010 10:01 AM, EFRAIN SANCHEZ wrote:

      > Hi Michael, i chance the feed over-ride and no run, now make
      > restarting EMC, you can help me in send the program EMC, becouse in
      > internet only see the EMC2,
      > Thanks for you help
      >
      > Atte
      > Ing Efrain Sanchez
      >
      > ________________________________

    • EFRAIN SANCHEZ
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 7, 2010
        Ok, you can send mail of FRED at sherline. Thanks

        Atte
        Ing Efrain Sanchez

        ________________________________
        I meant to re-start EMC, not re-install. Can you contact Fred at Sherline to see if he can help?

        Michael

        >>> EFRAIN SANCHEZ <efrit@...> 6/7/2010 10:01 AM >>>

        Hi Michael, i chance the feed over-ride and no run, now make restarting EMC, you can help me in send the program EMC, becouse in internet only see the EMC2,
        Thanks for you help

        Atte
        Ing Efrain Sanchez

        ________________________________
        Try restarting EMC and make sure your feed over-ride is set to 100% or
        less. See if that helps. I had the same error and it was because the
        feed over-ride was confusing the machine.

        Michael

        >>> EFRAIN SANCHEZ <efrit@...> 6/4/2010 11:27 AM >>>
        hi all , i have
        a cnc milli system sherline, can not work because show me the text
        “axis 0
        following error” , that I should do , please need you help me. Thanks

        for you fast answer
        Atte
        Ing Efrain Sanchez

      • Michael Gardner
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 7, 2010
          Efrain,
          It's fred@...

          Michael

          >>> EFRAIN SANCHEZ <efrit@...> 6/7/2010 10:28 AM >>>

          Ok, you can send mail of FRED at sherline. Thanks

          Atte
          Ing Efrain Sanchez

          ________________________________
          I meant to re-start EMC, not re-install. Can you contact Fred at Sherline to see if he can help?

          Michael

          >>> EFRAIN SANCHEZ <efrit@...> 6/7/2010 10:01 AM >>>

          Hi Michael, i chance the feed over-ride and no run, now make restarting EMC, you can help me in send the program EMC, becouse in internet only see the EMC2,
          Thanks for you help

          Atte
          Ing Efrain Sanchez

          ________________________________
          Try restarting EMC and make sure your feed over-ride is set to 100% or
          less. See if that helps. I had the same error and it was because the
          feed over-ride was confusing the machine.

          Michael

          >>> EFRAIN SANCHEZ <efrit@...> 6/4/2010 11:27 AM >>>
          hi all , i have
          a cnc milli system sherline, can not work because show me the text
          “axis 0
          following error” , that I should do , please need you help me. Thanks

          for you fast answer
          Atte
          Ing Efrain Sanchez

        • Mark Thomas
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 17, 2010
            Not sure how many of you use Chris Radek's truetype-tracer program, but
            I do use it a fair bit. For those of you not familiar with it it is a
            program which generates either gcode or a .dxf file based on true type
            fonts and a specified string. It's a great little open source program
            and the tool path it generates is very accurate for engraving.

            The one thing I've wanted to do is be able to set a scale to the output.
            Of course you can rescale the .dxf files in any cad program, but I
            thought it might be convenient to be able to generate to a scale or
            overall length.

            Decided to hobble up a little utility program that will do just that,
            I've called it tttscale and it intended to be used only with the file
            generated by truetype-tracer-dxf.

            The program lets you specify the overall length of the string along the
            X axis, as well as letting you specify an X and Y offset. I've tested
            the output with qcad and dxf2gcode and haven't had a problem.

            I've stressed tested it a bit generating some very large font strings
            (150 meters in length) and some very small (0.1mm) nice thing about true
            type fonts is that they scale beautifully.

            If you'd like to give tttscale a go (you need to have a copy of
            truetype-tracer as well) you can download the c source file from:

            http://co-japan.com/metalworking

            I've include compiling instructions at the top of the file.

            Cheers,

            Mark
          • Mark Thomas
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 19, 2010
              Have made a few changes to the development file to correct a problem
              when using inches as input to correct the x and y offset values, the
              file is tttscale-002.c at