Anyone run a Sherline CNC lathe in the Kansas City area?

  • vectorcalls
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2009
      I've been doing lathe work for the past 6 years, and have just recently started being interested in what a CNC lathe could do for me. I'd REALLY be interested in meeting up with someone to see their machine and see what it can do. I have not done any CAD work since doing very simple things in highschool that I honestly can't even remember now.

      I've been doing some research trying to see what all there is out there. I know I would learn much more from seeing one of these machines in person to see what all it can do, and get a feel for what kind of computer work I would be getting myself into.

      I would be working with wood products mostly, and maybe a little acrylic, but not right off.

      Feel free to take a look at my website to see some of my turnings. www.vectorcalls.com *This is NOT an advertisement, I am not currently taking any kind of orders. I'm just showing the kinds of things I'm working on.

      Thank you for your time!

      Vince Crawford
      Hamilton, MO