RE: [SherlineCNC] Re: Sherline lathe connections to PC

  • Garry Silcock
    Message 1 of 50 , Sep 8, 2009
      Hi Jan, there is ample help and free software if you want to use Linux OS. Linux OS plus "Ubuntu"(same as- XP OS and "Mach3") is free as well as the setup utility. Start searching Linuxcnc. If I remember right, Ubuntu controls up to 9 axis's together. The code is open source so you don't have to learn how to be a programmer. I like my XP OS so will probably purchase KCam. As long as you know the pinouts of the driver board(s) you have, KCam has a great built-in setup utility to set up the ltp1 port. and no, I am not getting anything for passing this info along..hehehe
      Regards, Garry

      Message 50 of 50 , Sep 10, 2009
        Yeah, what he said.

        Doug Rundell