Re: Constant Sherline issues..

  • David Morrow
    Message 1 of 70 , Jul 22, 2009
      The simplest solutions are usually the best solutions. That falls into the "Why didn't I think of that" category. I'll try it. Thanks.

      David

      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, Tom Hubin <thubin@...> wrote:

      > Try stacking two setscrews in the same hole.
      >
      > I had to do that to my spindle pulley to stop it from coming loose. I
      > did not want to use Locktite there because I have to loosen it to move
      > the belt when I want low gear.
      >
      > Tom Hubin
      > thubin@...
      >
      > ***************
      >
      > William Rutiser wrote:
      > >

      > > David Morrow wrote:
      > > > But, having said tht, I've had the same problem occasionally with my
      > > X axis failing to turn. The setscrew seemed ok and I took everything
      > > apart and when it all went back together, all was fine.
      > > >
      > > > Next time, I think I'll drill and tap another hole in the coupler 180
      > > degrees opposite and use two set screws. It's been a while since I've
      > > had mine apart so I'm not positive about accessibility on this.
      > > >
      > > > David
      > > >
      > > I seem to recall that it is better practice to put the second setscrew
      > > 90 degrees from the first.
      > >
      > > Bill

    • shipmodelmaker1931
      Message 70 of 70 , Sep 18, 2009
        Hi Bill,
        you are right on.
        Why?
        Two set screws diametrically opposed can alow pivoting.
        Two set screws at 90 degrees to each other take up any play in the proper way.
        Regards,
        Jerry G (Glickstein)