Re: [SherlineCNC] Re: Sherline controller for probe?

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 14, 2009
      Or you can get some of these:

      Male:
      <http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=DB25-PF-M2virtualkey64610000virtualkey737-DB25-PF-M2>

      Female:
      <http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=DB25-SF-M2virtualkey64610000virtualkey737-DB25-SF-M2>

      Along with some 28 gauge flat cable and make your own.

      From the pictures on the web site, it looks like there are holes for a
      connector on the board, but I do not know the pinout. I have not had
      time to take mine apart yet. Note that if you do make your own
      connector, you might want to opto-isolate your device to prevent blowing
      out the parallel port.

      Another option is to use the USB port. I currently looking at doing
      this using a Propeller Chip via the USB port, based on the Arduino EMC2
      example on the EMC Wiki site. -Chuck-

      Ron OConnor wrote:
      > Ron
      >
      > I believe the answer is, no.
      >
      > However I did find this:
      >
      > BELKIN, A3G010-01 DB25 Y CABLE 1FT LEGS DB25M TO 2 DB25F.
      >
      > The one I found on eBay was about $52.
      >
      > I have no idea how well it would work for your purpose.
      >
      > Ron

    • Peter Homann
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 14, 2009
        Hi Ron,

        Yes. If you open the Sherline controller you will see that there is an
        unpopulated 10pin (2x5) pad. This has the unused parallel port lines on it.

        Cheers,

        Peter.

        Ron Ginger wrote:
        > Does the Sherline controller offer anyway to get at the rest of the pins
        > on the parallel port. Id like to hook up a touch plate for a friend with
        > a Sherline.
        >
        > ron ginger

        eStore: http://www.homanndesigns.com/store
        Web : http://www.homanndesigns.com ModIO - Modbus Interface Unit
        email : peter@... DigiSpeed - Isolated 10Vdc I/F
        Phone : +61 421 601 665 TurboTaig - Taig Mill Upgrade board
      • Mike Bauers
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 14, 2009
          Guys,

          Let me pass on a hunting tip I use...........

          I just put the Belkin line from below into Google and this came

          http://www.provantage.com/belkin-a3g010-01~7BELC17J.htm

          for $29.23

          Other other listings were found as well, some with free shipping, all
          were less than the eBay price.

          Best to ya,
          Mike Bauers
          Milwaukee, Wi