Re: torque for stepper motors?

  • julianberron
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 28, 2008
      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, Martin Dobbins <trainnutz@...>
      wrote:

      > At what kind of speeds?  Higher static torque often argues for
      lower RPM, and particularly with 20 tpi leadscrews this may produce
      insufficient speed for machining in some instances never mind rapids.

      > Martin
      >
      > --- On Sun, 10/19/08, julianberron  wrote
      > Hello:
      sorry by de delay.
      I fixed the speed at 10mm/sg in all axes. is very slow but the
      machine is not heavy enough and I prefer work slow and do not make
      scrap pieces.
      > The acceleration is also slow.the other option is to change at
      servo motors,and servocontrollers but they are far expensive. I
      alwais keep in mind the size of my machine and my worsk
      regards from Spain