RE: [SherlineCNC] Has anyone in this group purchased the a2zcnc big column?

  • Michael M. Konopik
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2008
      Ken,

      I added my first A2Z column upgrade a few months ago and love it. I was
      running their X and Y tables with a Sherline extended Z-column. It made a
      BIG difference when I switched up, especially when doing 3D work in all 3
      axes. My backlash in the Z is around .003, and backlash compensation in
      Mach3 takes it to zero. My current setup consists of a sherline headstock
      spacer with an A2Z headstock spacer giving me around 7 inches clearance from
      the back of the Z column.

      I talked extensively with the folks at A2Z before upgrading and got some
      good info and assistance from them.

      I ordered a complete A2Z setup for my second mill and will be mounting the
      motors on that one by this weekend.

      Hope this helps,

      Michael

      _____

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2008
        Did you go with a taig type dovetail, or the sherline one? Could I
        ask you to post a pic of the z dovetail to sherline spindle adapter?
        I am thinking about this quite seriously. The a2zcnc pic isn't so
        detailed...
        Thanks,
        Ken

        --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "Michael M. Konopik"
        <Michael@...> wrote:

        > Ken,
        >

        > I added my first A2Z column upgrade a few months ago and love it.
        I was
        > running their X and Y tables with a Sherline extended Z-column. It
        made a
        > BIG difference when I switched up, especially when doing 3D work in
        all 3
        > axes. My backlash in the Z is around .003, and backlash
        compensation in
        > Mach3 takes it to zero. My current setup consists of a sherline
        headstock
        > spacer with an A2Z headstock spacer giving me around 7 inches
        clearance from
        > the back of the Z column.
        >

        > I talked extensively with the folks at A2Z before upgrading and got
        some
        > good info and assistance from them.
        >

        > I ordered a complete A2Z setup for my second mill and will be
        mounting the
        > motors on that one by this weekend.
        >

        > Hope this helps,
        >
        > Michael
        >

        > _____

      • Michael
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2008
          Ken,

          Drop me an email off list and I'll shoot you some photos as soon as I can.

          Things are hectic here, so please be patient with me.

          Michael@...

          _____

          Did you go with a taig type dovetail, or the sherline one? Could I
          ask you to post a pic of the z dovetail to sherline spindle adapter?
          I am thinking about this quite seriously. The a2zcnc pic isn't so
          detailed...
          Thanks,
          Ken

          --- In SherlineCNC@ <mailto:SherlineCNC%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com,