Difference between regular leadscrew and CNC leadscrew from Sherline?

  • mojogrisgris
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2008
      What is the difference in the two leadscrews? I am thinking I may need
      to replace my x axis screw and nuts and was wondering what the
      difference was between the old mill leadscrews and the new ones.
      Perhaps they are just machined on the end to mount to the CNC coupler
      being the only difference?

      Also does anyone know what the Z Axis backlash upgrade kit includes? It
      is hard to tell from the website if it includes a new saddle nut and
      locking lever along with the adjustable mount. Hopefully for $35 you
      get a new saddle nut, the lever and the mounting plate.

      I have .009" backlash in my Z with my counterweight setup and that has
      to go. But first I have to get my X axis working smoothly at least Z is
      smooth even if it does have lots of BL.

      Any info appreciated as always.

      Mojo
    • Yahoo
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2008
        I wrote an article about fixing the Z axis backlash problem:

        http://www.philmattison.com/

        On the menu click [Machinery] then [Z Axis Backlash]
        --
        Phil Mattison