RE: [SherlineCNC] Re: Sherline 2000 cnc 4 axis mill w/bobcad and mach3

  • shawn c
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
      I've been waiting to update to the v22. I to would like to see the 4th axis option. According to the phone conversation I had with one of there sales people last week he assured me the 4th axis is working great. Not believing there BS I asked for some sample code and a video of the software running 4th axis. Still waiting..... I like the bobcad software for simple projects, but you really have to watch there sales people and there bs claims. Just ask them, there software is better than mastercam!!!

      To: SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.comFrom: nolanyoung38@...: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 06:51:54 +0000Subject: [SherlineCNC] Re: Sherline 2000 cnc 4 axis mill w/bobcad and mach3

      I'm using V22 and its great but, they dont have the 4th axis online yet...saying it'll be up by the end of the year and offering the retro to v21 for $200 more...just gonna tuff it out and wait. Dont wanna reward em for not being on top of it.Anyway, I sent you guys Yahoo IM invites. Be good to see when people with the same setup are online, and compare notes or whatever.

    • Robert Heinlein
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
        Yep, Bobcad has some real ethics issues...at least with the
        salespeople.4th axis isnt up,They also told me sherline was supported
        when i bought it..thats why i use mach3 it supports sherline and bobcad
        supports mach3...not only that but Fred at Sherline told me they sent a
        bill on him to Sherline for tech support, he only works there lol. The
        cam leaves alot to be desired but the cad is great.
      • scmodelworks
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
          The Bobcad team used to call us a couple times a month to get us to buy their software. After reviewing their product, we went with Rhino and let the sales guy know it the next time that he called. We haven't heard from them since. I would agree about the ethics issues. They seem desperate.

          Terry