Re: TurboCNC failed me for the last time.

  • montanaaardvark
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
      Eric,

      For what it's worth, I went through a similar situation a while back
      (last year?) and ended up with Mach3. I tried some of the free stuff,
      but didn't put a lot of time into EMC.

      My main reason was that TurboCNC was about the 3rd or 4th piece of
      shareware that I had paid for and then was orphaned (or
      sorta-orphaned). I thought it might be worthwhile to have someone
      behind it with an economic incentive to keep making it better.

      My computer is a 1Gig Athlon. It runs XP and Mach3 with no problems.
      I make it a point not to do anything else while it's running and
      tried to keep the installation low in complexity. For all I know, it
      might be capable of much more.

      Bob

      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <buckeyevs@...> wrote:

      > A while back I mentioned I was having strange issues with TurboCNC
      > v4.01. Some of those problems have been tool offsets not saving, axis
      > positioning not updating, and recently the C:\Turbocnc\ prompt
      > appearing inside the TurboCNC screen.
      > I was really hoping an open source control program would be dependable
      > and I had every intention of supporting DAK Engineering. With these
      > recent problems I have decided to not provide financial support and
      > look elsewhere. I'm looking heavily at Mach3 but thought I'd ask if
      > there are any other options people here have found user friendly and
      > dependable.
      > Computers to work with.
      > AMD Athlon 1.4GHz 768MB of RAM Windows XP Professional 2002 PC
      > or
      > AMD Athlon with 1302.997 MHz CPU running under Kubuntu.
      >
      > I appreciate any recommendations you all can offer.
      >
      > Eric

    • Lee Davis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 21, 2008
        Hi,
        I also use Mach3 and I like it. You can download it and try it free.
        It is limited to 200 lines of Gcode until you register it.