Re: Anyone tried the precision lead screw upgrade from A2ZCNC ?

  • montanaaardvark
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2007
      --- In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, "David Morrow" <morrow2002@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone tried the precision lead screw upgrade from A2ZCNC yet ?
      > I've got more backlash than I like and I can never seem to get it
      > properly adjusted (probably my technique... or lack thereof.)

      David,

      I have them on X and Y. I have about .002" on X but I seem to recall
      .004" on Y (that computer is currently shut down - see my thread on
      the broken Z-axis coupler to understand why - so I can't look up the
      real number).

      I was hoping for better, but considering how little angular error
      turns into .002" with an 8 TPI screw, I suppose it's really pretty
      good. Now if I can get my Z axis (stock Sherline 20 TPI screws) down
      to that level, I'd be really happy.

      Bob