Plug Caps: the final solution

  • David Clark
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13 7:08 AM
      Hello Group,

      Thanks to all who suggested ways to protect the stepper motor plugs
      when not connected. Here's what I came up with.

      Bought 5-Pin MIDI couplers from Radio Shack. (part number 274-530)
      These are female to female, used to connect 2 cables together. My
      thought was to disassemble them and fill the backs of each half with
      RTV. Wasn't necessary. I sawed them in half and found they were
      already potted inside. Job done in 30 seconds, eminently satisfactory
      solution.

      DC
    • Ron OConnor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13 5:49 PM