18976RE: Another new addict

  • jowhowho
    Nov 6, 2013

      Geckodrive G540 on Ebay, with power supply, for $299 + $14 shipping, ten available:

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gecko-Drive-G540-4-axis-rev-8-and-Free-Power-Supply-CNC-STEPPER-PLASMA-ROUTER-/261177022537?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccf5d1849

      Hard to beat that.

      I'm tempted, but I needed five drivers, so I have five Geckodrive 203v stepper drivers on a simple, big power supply. No fans, no enclosure. Simple simple. Love it. I put it on an old variac and can adjust the voltage on the motors. I can't think of any way to improve it.

      Full disclosure -- I don't represent anyone, and I don't get discounts or free stuff.

      --Justin

      ---In SherlineCNC@yahoogroups.com, <paulzox@...> wrote:

      Hello all I'm Paul and I am addicted to machining... Lol!New to the forum and interested in converting my 2000 mill to CNC and I'm looking for info. I am not against building my own controller as long as I can get some plans or does anyone know of a good one to start with? 4 AxisPaul
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic