18973Re: Another new addict

    Nov 6, 2013
      I have used many G540's and agree they are a great device. But you still
      need to put it in a box, with a power supply and a bit of wiring.

      I recently did a machine (Zen Toolworks router) for a fellow, and I used
      the new PMDX 340 control box. This has everything in a box, all you need
      to do is hook the motor wires into the terminal strip, plug in the power
      cord and its ready to run. It has several LED indicators on the front of
      the box that are very handy, and it has a motor test capability that
      lets you run the motors without any PC connected so you can isolate
      problems. All in one nice neat box and for $380.
      http://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-340

      I have used several PMDX products and they have all been excellent.

      Although I am a mach3 fan, this box will run either mach or linux, it
      just needs a parallel port plugged into it.

      ron ginger

      > Posted by: "Andy M"trumpy81@... trumpy81
      > Date: Tue Nov 5, 2013 7:42 pm ((PST))
      >
      > GDay paulzox,
      >
      > Paul, by far the easiest and most cost effective way to build a
      > controller is to start with the Gecko G540. It's a 4 axis controller
      > that has many nice features and a lot of people have tried to destroy
      > them but have failed ... lol
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic