Cleaning out your cabinets for Passover (or for any other reason)? If so, and you have non-perishable food items, please bring them to Ohev Sholom - 1600
High School & College Students: What are you doing this summer?!? Camp Kibbutz at Ohev Sholom - The National Synagogue (located on 16th Street in DC, 1/2 mile
For WINE the absolute deadline is 9:00 am this Friday (and there is no guarantee at that point that the vendor will have everything available but will try) For
SheishEsreiElyon ("Upper 16th") is a moderated events list.
An event or announcement is appropriate for posting to 16Elyon if it:
* will take place in walking distance of Upper 16th Street
* is of interest to the greater Jewish community in this neighborhood
* is open to non-members of the hosting organization
* is *not* a regular congregational prayer service
Please submit events to 16Elyon in the following format:
Subject Line: Day 0M/0D - Event Name [Host Org]
NAME OF EVENT
Hosting organization or people
Posted by: YOUR NAME
+ Date & Time
+ Name of location & Address
One paragraph description (including relevant prayer style, dietary and Shabbat information*)
+ Contact or RSVP: Name
+ email, phone for contact
*In the interest of creating a nexus for pluralistic Jewish information exchange, please include relevant information in your posting about an event that would help others in the neighborhood -- who have a diversity of practices -- decide whether or not to attend:
1. Describe style of any prayer service
(e.g., full liturgy, egalitarian, mechitza, guitar, women only)
2. Describe relevant dietary info
(e.g., vegan, hekhsher-only, organic/local, Fair Trade)
3. Describe details relevant to Shabbat practice
(e.g., instruments will be used, inside eruv)
Here's to a 16th St elevated by fruitful Jewish intersections!
- Washington, D.C.
- Oct 23, 2007
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.