Sand Creek Farm SDT, Rochester, NY

  • Joyce Geier
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2008
      The Sand Creek Farm SDT is on for April 19-21, with a full complement of
      classes. This trial is near Rochester, NY. The entry form is below, and
      more information will be avaiable at NEBCA.net shortly.

      Best regards,

      --Joyce

      Sand Creek Farm Spring Trial, April 19-21, 2008

      Two one-day Open trials, USBCHA & NEBCA

      Two Novice Trials on one day, USBCHA & NEBCA

      Three USBCHA Nursery Trials

      Classes offered on Saturday and Sunday: Open and Nursery, one class each
      day. Handlers meeting at 7:45; first dog runs at 8; class order will be
      Open, then Nursery.

      Classed offered on Monday: Two runs each for Ranch, Pro-Novice, and
      Novice-Novice; one run for USBCHA Nursery. Handlers meeting at 7:45; first
      dog will run at 8 am;. Class order will be NN, PN, Ranch, Nursery; then
      Local, NN, PN, and Ranch.

      Special Class on Monday, near noon: Local Beginning-Novice, one run.
      Assisted 50 yard outrun, wear, and pen or chute. Limited to handlers in
      585, 315, and 607 area codes who have never run a dog at any level in a
      trial sanctioned by any organization. Entry fee $15.

      Stock: Un-dogged commercial white face ewes.

      Entry limit: 60 runs per day. A limit of two dogs per handler per class
      MAY be imposed if entries warrant. Third dog and non-comp runs will be
      allowed at full entry fee if space permits ­ pay for third dogs & non-comp
      runs on day of trial.

      Entries Open: March 15. Feel free to mail early, but all entries
      postmarked before March 15 will be treated as if they were postmarked on the
      15th.

      Prizes: Ribbons to third place for all classes. Minimal (and this does mean
      minimal; think Œentry fee¹) payback to winner of NN, PN, and Ranch, and top
      3 in Open.

      Entry fee: $25 per run for all classes (except Local Beginning-Novice).
      Handlers will be asked to set out and scribe.

      Camping: There will most likely be NO CAMPING on the grounds at this
      trial. If the spring mud situation is favorable and we can accommodate
      campers, we will let you know about 10 days before the trial. Local hotels
      and campgrounds include:

      - KOA Kampgrounds, 585-398-3582 5374 Farmington Townline Rd, Farmington,
      NY 14425; about 15 minutes away.
      - Econo-Lodge, Exit 44 on NY Thruway, Farmington, NY, about 15 minutes
      away. Takes dogs.
      - Holiday Inn Express, Exit 45 on the NY Thruway (I-90) (Rt 96, Victor,
      NY), about 10 minutes away. Not sure about dog policy. Other motels at the
      same exit: Hampton Inn, Woodcliff Lodge.
      - There are several popular chain hotels in Henrietta, NY; all are about
      20 minutes away.

      Trial Location: 337 Parrish Road, Honeoye Falls, NY 14472. Directions
      will be posted near trial time at www.nebca.net <http://www.nebca.net> and
      emailed to participants.

      Sand Creek Farm Spring SDT, April 21-22, 2007: Entry Form

      Class Sat Sun Mon Dog Handler

      Checks payable & mail to: Joyce Geier, PO Box 208, Mendon, NY 14506. Checks
      will be cashed April 10, with no refunds after that date.

      I understand that herding is an unpredictable and potentially hazardous
      activity, and I will not hold the property owners, agents, workers, or
      guests at this trial liable for any injuries, damages, or losses that I may
      incure. Additionally, I agree to assume responsibility for any damages,
      injuries, or losses caused by myself, my dogs, or my actions, whether
      intentional or accidental.

      Name:____________________________________Signature:
      _____________________________

    • Palmer
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2008
        The March 2008 National Geographic just came in the mail and the main
        article is "Inside Animal Minds'. On the cover is "Betsy" the Border collie.
        According to the article she and other animal are "smarter than you think".
        Finally, they are proving what many of us already know! Check out the
        article!

        Annie Palmer, Pennsylvania