Kamloops,B.C.,Canada trial results

  • Kenneth Jess Willard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3 6:58 AM
      Kamloops, B.C., Canada sheepdog trial contestants May 17th -20th, 2002

      For me it started getting on the plane from San Francisco,California,USA. I knew it was going to be a challenge because my passport hadn't come in and the officials said I needed 2 federal picture I.D.'s. After all the hoopla and dance the official asked if I had a Costco Card with my picture on it and walla, I had it and on we go. I arrived at Vancouver, B.C. 2 hours latter and had to go through the Canadian Agricultural interrogation center where they sprayed the soles of my shoes with a vinegar product and off I went to Kamloops 4 hours east with my host's David Ellison and his better half Janet.

      The field was a good 450-yard out run for the open and 250 yards for the pro novice, 150 yard for the nervous novice, undulating and sloping back to the handlers post. The field had swells and rolls to where the dog would be out of site on the out run for a moment or 20.

      The day started pretty early, but not early enough. We didn't get done tell 8:30 pm and that was after finishing the pro novious and open but the days are longer up yonder and we still had the nervous novice 2nd class to run after the opens first run. You see Bob Stevens did a great job officiated the nervous novice trial and gave lots of help along the way, you could tell Bob had a good time doing it,eh . "No problem we'll just run them first thing in the morning", but it sure made for another long day, eh.

      So on the way back to the good old USA I decided to challenge the Agricultural Inspection process of the USDA. I told them the truth that I was in the sheep corrals, in the manure and directly exposed to a foreign flock. You would think they would take me to the side and spray my shoes at least but no they just let me go on said thanks, didn't even ask if I sprayed my own shoes. Now this kinda bothers me a little, what are we paying those guys at the border for? We certainly don't need any foot in mouth epidemic here in the States and I'm not saying Canada is a host of such, just that the USDA inspectors coming into the States are pretty relaxed.

      This was my first trip over the northern border and I hope to go back, the people are great, the trials are challenging and fair. Now the county, well that is the unspoiled secret of Canada, but I can tell ya, my sinusis dried up, there is lots of clear, clean water and the air was refreshing. Now where's my fishing trip!! Ya know every judge should get a free fishing trip for some of those lunker trout, on second thought maybe you should take the judge fishing before the event, eh!!

      May 18 Open 29 Dogs

      1 BILL BERHOW DAN 86

      2 BOB STEPHENS DELMAR TURK 83

      3 JOANN ZOERB ZOE 81

      4 JOANN ZOERB GIDGE 78

      5 DAVE ELLISON JIM 75

      6 DENNIS GELLING SWAP 75

      7 BOB STEPHENS FAN 72

      8 DENNIS GELLING JAN 72

      9 BILL BERHOW RUSSEL 70

      10 IAN ZOERB ZAK 70

      11 DIANA GAUTHIER TEAG 69

      12 GAYLE COCHLAN MIKE 68

      13 LEE LUMB LAD 68

      14 MARTHA MCHARDY RYAN 66

      15 MARTHA MCHARDY GEOFF 62

      May19 Open 28 Dogs

      1 BOB STEPHENS DELMAR TURK 91

      2 JOANN ZOERB ZOE 88

      3 BILL BERHOW RUSSEL 87

      4 DIANA GAUTHIER TEAG 79

      5 IAN ZOERB ZAK 78

      6 JOANN ZOERB GIDGE 76

      7 DAVE ELLISON JIM 73

      8 BOB STEPHENS FAN 70

      9 LORNE LANDRY DELMAR TOM 66

      10 BILL BERHOW DAN 64

      11 GAYLE COCHLAN KATE 64

      12 FRAN MACPHERSON GLEN 58

      13 NORM CLOSE KATE 54

      14 on, DQ or RT

      MAY 18 PRO-Novice 38 dogs ran
      1 DENNIS GELLING SWAP 72

      2 BOB STEPHENS FAN 67

      3 NORM CLOSE LASS 64

      4 NORM CLOSE EVE 63

      5 MARGIE JAMIESON BRYNE 63

      6 LEE LUMB MAC 61

      7 STEVE DAVIE MERC 55

      8 DAWN PUCCI CE^ILE 54

      9 JOANN ZOERB SAM 51

      10 TIM BALLARD NICK 50

      11 TERRY TOWLE TIA 50

      12 DENNIS GELLING SAM 44

      13 DIANA GAUTHIER JAZ 37

      14 DENNIS GELLING JAN 37

      15 J. L'ARRIVEE KATE 29

      16 ANNA GUTHRIE JACK 21

      17 P. OHANJANIAN ROB 4
      MAY 19 PRO-Novice 38 dogs ran
      1 JOANN ZOERB SAM 66.5

      2 BOB STEPHENS FAN 62.5

      3 DAWN PUCCI CEILE 59

      4 IAN ZOERB BEN 55

      5 NORM CLOSE LASS 47

      6 TIM BALLARD NICK 44

      7 DWAIN DOLL DIVOT 39

      8 NORM CLOSE EVE 38

      9 BRUCE MCLEOD CRAIG 38

      10 TERRY TOWLE TIA 35

      11 J. L'ARRIVEE KATE 30

      12 STEVE DAVIE MERC 19

      13 ANNA GUTHRIE BROC 14

      14 all dogs RT or DQ

      :

      May 17 Novice
      1 DWAYNE DOLL RMS TAKAYA 70

      2 LANA MOCKLER BLUE 69

      3 STEVE DAVIE MIRC 68

      4 CAROL RICHWAGON CARMEN 60

      5 CHRISTINE CROSS KEENEYE TYE 57

      6 LYNN LEACH DEl'Mar SPRITE 55

      7 NANCY FORSHAW RUSHA 54

      May 19 Novice

      1 STEVE DAVIE MIRC 74

      2 DWAYNE DOLL RMS TAKAYA 73

      3 LANA MOCKLER BLUE 71

      4 LYNN LEACH DEl' Mar SPRITE 57

      5 CAROL RICHWAGON CARMEN 57

      6 DAWN PUCCI GUY 57

      Lets not forget the Double Lift held on the Queenies Day,Dave Ellison and Nell won but Diana Gauthrie,Gayle Cochlan,Fran Macpearson and Bob Stephens sure gave him a run for his money.

      See ya at the post,

      Kenneth Jess Willard

      naturally from California
      http://www.naturallamb.com