The Turning of the Worm 7

  • csyphrett@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2002
      Dan walked over to the professor's office after using the wall boards to find
      it. He knocked on the door gently.

      "Come in," said a pleasant female voice. It reminded Dan of one of his
      acquaintances that he had met through his work.

      He stepped through the door, surveying the imposed order on the twin offices.
      He knew that Yamamoto's secretary had a place for everything and everything
      in its place when he saw the workspace.

      "Hello," Dan said, smiling a little. "My name is Hayata. I'm checking into
      a former student of Professor Yamamoto. He suggested I see you about any
      paperwork he might have had."

      "What is the student's name?," asked the secretary politely.

      "Izama Kana," said Dan. "I would like to know if he had any known associates
      while he was studying here."

      "Not that I know of," said the woman. "The professor does keep photos of
      portfolios. Let me get that file. Do you know what year the file would be
      in?"

      Dan gave her the year, wondering if he had met the woman before. He noted
      that she had avoided giving him her name, and there wasn't a name plate on
      her desk.