Tales of Fawcett City: It's a Date Part 2

  • Arcademan
    Message 1 of 48 , May 5, 2013
      Sunday morning...there was a little bit of chill in the air however with the sun slowly rising up, it was disappearing quickly and turning into another gorgeous spring day. Over in the apartment complex of Mr. and Mrs. Potter one particular girl was opening the front door and seemingly taking in what nature had to offer...Florence Fair.

      "Ah...there's something about a morning sunrise that makes a being feel truly alive!" She said to herself out loud and then went to the front of the building where neatly organized rows of flowers were planted. Grabbing a water bucket and filling it up with water, she lightly showered the plants and the ground.

      "I know it's still a bit cold and you're all small but soon you'll be reaching tall toward the sun in full bloom!" Flo looked around and made sure no one was around to hear her talking out aloud to her floweres lest people think she may be strange. Funny thing is...she is that for not many people know that her true identity is that of a pixie from the realm of Fairyland and that her true name is Flora.

      Flora heard about the mortal world from countless tales and stories while she lived in Fairyland, one in particular was when Captain Marvel visited the land of the Butterfly People, hidden in a misty valley which was a conduit between the mortal world and Fairyland looking for an explorer who was taken prisoner and poisoned by Hawk-men. Cap saved the explorer and the Hawk-men and Butterfly People lived once again in harmony. upon hearing that story, Flora looked up some other stories involving magical beings and found that the Trolls and leprechauns had also visited the mortal world and had also encountered not only Captain Marvel but the other members of the Marvel Family; Captain Marvel Junior and Mary Marvel. It was then Flora decided not only to visit the mortal world but live in it, which she was doing to this day.

      After watering her flowers and assorted plants outside, Flo stepped inside of her modest apartment and headed toward the kitchen. As she prepared a bowl of fruit to start the day, she waved her right hand and as if by magic, the several hanging plants inside the place got their own little showers. Once her small bowl of fruit was gone, Flo was about to return it to the kitchen when the phone rang.

      "I wonder who'd be calling me this early...and on a Sunday?" She picked up the phone and answered it. It was Willie B.

      "Hey Wings! This is Willie B. I needed to ask you something if you don't mind!"

      "No problem, William. What can I do for you?" asked the puzzled pixie.

      There was a bit of hesitation at first, then Willie asked "How would you like to go out together next Saturday...you know...like...er...a...together. A...date...you know...together...with me." By the time Willie finished, his voice was faint and was almost to the point of mumbling nonsensible words.

      "A date?" asked Florence. She had to think about the concept of such a thing since this was almost unheard of in faerie society.

      Gaining some composure, Willie spoke again. "Kind of. More like going out, getting to know each other a little more and doing things together...you know...something like that."

      This time the hesitation was on Flo's end. "Sure, I'd love to do something together with you next Saturday."

      "Cool!" Said Willie in a slightly more confident tone that sounded like his old usual stuff. "I'd pick you up next Saturday around 3 p.m. See you then! Bye!"

      Putting the phone down, Flora walked to the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. "My but that was an odd conversation with William. I'm not sure about the date concept however it might be a good thing to go out and see the city with him." Since arriving in Fawcett City, Flora had done some sightseeing around town as both Florence and the hidden heroine Flora and while she had made some friends and knew a number of people especially in the apartments and in the surrounding neighborhood, she really never had a close friend or at the least someone to hang out with and do things.

      "Maybe the time to have a close friend is now and it's awfully nice for William to offer companionship to me. Now I can't wait until next weekend!" thought Flo as a sly smile came over her her as she returned to her daily routine and chores.

      Meanwhile at the same time, Willie was hanging up the phone and had a big grin on his face. Suddenly he was slapped upside the back of the head by his dad.

      "Pop! Why'd you smack me llike that?!!" yelled Willie. All Mr. Batson could do was laugh and roll his eyes back.

      "That was the poorest excuse of asking a lady out I heard of in my entire life boy! Man, if your mama was still alive to see what a poor excuse of a man you're turning out...heh, you know I'm joshing with you, boy!"

      "That was pretty bad, pops. Still, she said yes and now I need to make some plans. By the way, I need Saturday night off work." Willie said in an almost innocent, sheepish tone.

      "I think that can be arranged, Will. Now let's get dressed and head on to church because with this so-called date coming up, you need to do a whole lotta praying boy!"
    • Frank Murdock
      Message 48 of 48 , Sep 13, 2013
        Kali definitely was not powered by Shazam;
        /FM: Yes. I am aware of this.
        she was powered by Blaze and Satanus. I am pretty sure she has lost her powers.
        /FM: The way the story ends it is open to interpretation. I was left
        with a different turnout.
        Although she is now hanging out at Grimoire Academy, and Blaze and
        Satanus invaded Grimoire Academy not too long after she reached the
        Academy. Maybe they were after more than just rescuing the Space
        Ghoul?
        Maybe. Wouldn't be that hard to start adding up those mosters of Society.
        Dan
        /FM