[Shazam Earth S Lives on] Re: The Suspendium Question

  • ddswanson
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2013
      I see at least 2 possibilities:

      1. Shazam somehow hid the Suspendium glob, since the Historama showed that they would escape on their own.

      2. Though it wasn't specifically pointed out in the story, Sivana built stealth qualities into the Suspendium because he didn't want anyone to be able to find it and mess up his plans.

      I think option 2 is the most likely.

      Dan

      --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, The Time Trust <the_time_trust_2000@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, Libby. That makes sense. I guess, being an immortal spirit who had already lived for a few millennia before his death, from Shazam's point of view, 20 years doesn't amount to much.
      >
      > My question would then focus on the heroes who were around when the Suspendium trap was in place, especially those who had known the Marvel Family and Squadron of Justice heroes. Did these heroes ever try to search for the missing Marvel Family and their allies? Their disappearance was fairly high-profile, since it took place in a public setting when the Marvel Family was being honored by the mayor outside City Hall, and the cameras must have been filming when everyone was drawn up into the sky by Sivana's ray.
      >
      > Some of the heroes who remained or had since sprung up were powerful enough to travel into space and could have discovered the Suspendium globe orbiting the sun at almost any time over those 20 years. So why didn't they? And if they did, why couldn't they break everyone out? According to SHAZAM #1, the only thing needed was heat to melt the Suspendium trap. And once freed, the Marvels were able to
      >
      > Did any of those heroes at least investigate the disappearance of the world's most beloved heroes and protectors? If they discovered what happened to them, did they make any attempt to free the Marvels? Could Shazam have intervened somehow and prevented any escape attempts before the appointed time?
      >
      > --
      > Cheers,
      > Doc Quantum of The Time Trust
      >

      > Read stories of your favorite DC Comics characters at the Five Earths Project!
      > www.5earths.info

    • libbyblawrence
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1 10:31 AM
        I like that idea too. Sivana may have concealed it and even shielded it from solar heat but this cloaking coatin eventually wore off.