SOJ: A Bad Place to Visit But I Wouldn't Want to Die There! 9

  • libbyblawrence
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 2, 2013
      Ultra Man flew directly into Captain Marvel. He was obviously the strongest of the group and Ultra Man was eager to unleash his super strength on any target!

      He slugged Captain Marvel and then nodded in approval as the hero returned the blow.

      "You can take a punch! That's a good thing since you're about to receiving a lot of them!" he said with a grin.

      Captain Marvel said, "You look like an evil Superman in need of some Grecian formula! I hate to hit one of my elders but sinister seniors are an exception to the rule!"

      Ultra Man grunted as Captain Marvel connected with a series of rapid punches that doubled him over and then sent him crashing into the ground.

      "The gray hair means nothing to a guy who may just be immortal! if you know that wimp Superman then you are probably the kind of do gooder I like to kill!" he said as he erupted out of the ground and flew at his enemy,

      As the two grappled above the scene of battle, the others closed in on each other.
      Owlman realized that now that he was back home, he had no need for the heroes. He had gleaned enough data on them from the computers in the Hall of Justice that he felt confident that he knew exactly what he needed to do.
      He reached in his belt and removed a small pellet which he started to hurl at Warlock but Zoro suddenly appeared beside him and grabbed his arm before he could toss the gas pellet.
      "I'm sure you mean well but I think we'll just err on the side of caution by subduing you and your nefarious allies here and now!" he said. The pellet dropped to the ground and remained unbroken as Owlman twisted around and attempted to throw the man in the tuxedo over his shoulder.
      Zoro shifted his own weight and held his ground.
      "You'll have to do better than that, old fella!" he said as he dodged Owlman's grasping attack.
      Mary Marvel frowned as she watched her brother.
      "That brute is no Superman! I still remember how dreamy the real Superman was!" she thought with a sigh.
      "You look like a simpering child and no worthy foe for Superwoman!" said a black haired woman in a brief dark colored costume and golden high heeled boots.
      Mary said, "Superwoman? Somehow I doubt you deserve that name!"
      She jumped up to avoid the bigger woman's sudden charge.
      Mary kicked out with both legs and sent Superwoman sailing through the air. She flew in pursuit only to gasp in surprise as the furious female spun around to connect with a punch that dropped Mary flat.
      She grunted as the bigger woman landed on her back and seized her throat from behind.
      "I will snap your pretty neck before you can make another insipid comment!" bellowed Superwoman.
      Mary broke free and rammed her head into the renegade Amazon's chin.
      "Don't get cocky, sweetheart!" she said.
      Meanwhile, Captain Marvel Jr. was abruptly contained within a huge green bell jar. He smiled as he recognized the nature of the trap.
      "You must be this crazy Earth's version of Green Lantern!" he said as he saw a young man in black and green hovering above him.
      He broke through the energy construct and aimed himself at the other man by raising both arms upward and leading with his lower arms. He bounced off a green force field and frowned in surprise.
      "Huh! I figured the yellow bands on my sleeves would go right through your bubble. I guess you don't have the same yellow weakness as the GL I met last time!" he mused.
      He spun around and returned with a tree limb and shook his head as it shattered against the bubble!
      "You are a mystery, pal! You don't have the wood weakness of the first GL I ever met either!" he said.
      Power Ring generated a blinding pulse and drove the boy backward but Jr. merely shut his eyes and charged forward with enough force to break through the field!
      He smacked Power Ring across the face and said, "Guess I'll just rely on a good old right cross!"
      The shadowy Dr. Chaos materialized near Isis and spoke in his inhuman tone of voice.
      "You appear to be a maid of Ancient Egypt or are you in fact the goddess herself?" he said.
      Isis smiled coldly and said, "You radiate a palpable evil and it will give me pleasure to defeat you! You fairly reek of dark magic!"
      She said, "Obey my plan. Contain this man!"
      The earth erupted around the cloaked menace and shaped itself into a solid sphere of hardened dirt.
      Before she could move closer to follow up on her spell, Isis vanished!
      Dr. Chaos shattered the earthen sphere and scowled beneath his metallic helmet.
      "The wench fled! I expect much more from her!" he thought.
      Warlock stepped forward to confront him.
      "I don't know what happened to Isis but I'll gladly finish what she started where you are concerned! He said.
      Dr. Chaos gestured and an arcane glyph materialized over warlock and swelled in size until it threatened to crush him!
      "You will not occupy me long!" declared Dr. Chaos.
      Deadeye and the Silk Canary remained in the shadows. The Ace Archer was cocky to a fault but was shrewd enough to realize when he should bide his time.
      "Sexy Bird, if we wait here, ole Ultra and his buds may finish these creeps off. If they fail, well, we can pick up the pieces and start our own team with Quick and Rubberneck and Microbe!" he said with a broad grin.
      Silk Canary fluffed her black wig and said, "I do like the way you think but these super cops make me think of my old man and what happened to him. I don't want any pig to live!"
      Deadeye caressed her and said, "I know Legs, I know!"
      He knew Dana's crooked dad had been shot by a patrol cop and the ex-exotic dancer had a near mania where policemen were concerned. She wanted to kill every single cop she encountered even the super heroes who performed the duties of lawmen!
      He held her close and tried to soothe her angry spirit.
      Suddenly, Mary Marvel fell as Superwoman mentally commanded the Lasso of Proteus to snake itself around the World's Mightiest Girl and shape itself into a hood that covered her head and left her blind and deaf!
      Mary thought, "Don't need to see to do this!"
      She spun around at super human speed until she had formed a whirlwind that drew Superwoman off the ground and into range of Mary's spinning fists.
      The impact stunned the Amazon and as she lost concentration, the Lasso of Proteus lost its form and fell limply around Mary's shoulders. Mary shook free and dusted herself off.
      "What a horrible woman! She makes Georgia Sivana seem like that pop princess Timpani!" she thought.
      Warlock allowed the magical glyph to loom over him while he calmly raised the golden staff he normally carried.
      The glyph cracked and then crumbled into tiny pieces which were swept away by a sudden breeze.
      He walked toward Dr. Chaos who chuckled and raised his gloved hands.
      "You are powerful! In fact you might be more of a challenge than the cowardly goddess!" he said.
      Warlock shattered the mystical shield conjured by the shadowy wizard.
      He stepped closer and said, "You possess no true magic! You are no scholar of the mystical lore. You merely wear an artifact that contains the spirit of such a mage! So, I merely have to separate you from the helmet like so!"
      He raised his staff and a golden bolt of energy blazed forth to knock the helm from off of the cloaked villain's head.
      Dr. Chaos shuddered as he stared at the world for the first time in years without the dominant force of the mystical spirit within the helmet.
      "What have I done?" he cried.
      Warlock said, "You are free from the curse. I banish the helmet to limbo and I grant you the release of amnesia! You will no longer recall your life as Dr. Chaos! I return you to your former life and I challenge you to be worthy of this second chance!"
      Chaos flickered from view as the cursed helmet vanished!
      "It is done!" declared Warlock.
      "I'm glad I was about to show mercy to him. For all of his evil deeds he was in truth as much of a victim as a villain!" he thought.
      Nearby, Zoro had deftly matched every move Owlman had made. They were almost equally matched.
      Owlman smiled coldly as he reached out with his mental powers and slowed his foe's reaction time ever so slightly.
      He connected with a stinging punch that drove Zoro backward but failed to stun him.
      Zoro dropped down and as Owlman drew closer, he sprang back up and chopped his foe in the throat.
      Owlman collapsed at his feet as Zoro caught his breath.
      "My own studies in the Far East allowed me to resist your mental voodoo! I suspect you were simply not used to facing anyone who could withstand it!" he said.
      Captain Marvel Jr. was equally successful as the inexperienced Ken Raynor cried out in shock as his ring stopped working and the boy in blue knocked him cold.
      "I figured a little will power would enable me to take control of your ring. I knew it worked on will power even though it lacked the weaknesses of the other rings I'd seen!" he said.
      He shook his head and said, "Whew! I'm glad that worked. There's something dangerous about the magic in that ring. It felt like it was trying to take over my mind when I focused my will on shutting off its power! It makes me wonder if that poor guy knows what he's doing to himself each time he uses that ring! It's almost vampiric in nature!"
      As Captain Marvel and Ultra Man continued to battle it out, each realized that the other was not tiring.
      Cap. thought, "Holy Moley! This guy is almost as tough as Superman! He sure fights dirty though! Maybe I can use that to my own advantage!"
      He approached his enemy and spread wide his own arms.
      "We are pretty equally matched. Why don't we stop and talk this out. Something from your world attacked us. We didn't come here to start a fight!"
      Ultra Man wiped beads of sweat off his face and nodded.
      "Sure! I'm a reasonable guy!" he said.
      Suddenly, he attacked Captain Marvel who caught his leg as he blocked a low kick by Ultra Man and spun him around and around before releasing him with a thunderous crash!
      "I figured a guy like you might try to pull a sneaky move like that kick!" he said.
      At that moment as the Squadron of Justice stood over the fallen Crime Syndicate, a bolt of blazing energy struck them all….including the skulking duo of Silk Canary and Deadeye!
      They all collapsed and in moments energy teleported them away from Earth 3 to a strange planet in which the atmosphere was dominated by yellow clouds of swirling dust.
      The bald observer smiled calmly as he stepped away from his monitor to approach the teleportation platform on which the assembled heroes and villains rested.
      "The Squadron of Justice subdued the Syndicate and weakened themselves enough for my machine to finish them off. We are that much closer to our goal! Soon, Qward will have colonies on not one but two parallel Earths!"
    • libbyblawrence
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 19, 2013
        It is meant to replace Syndicated as the Marvels first encounter with the CS. I do hope to use Mighty Adam. I had no plans for a bad Billy though. I figured to use the evil Shazam though since I figured he ended up at the dawn of time on E-3 when his disembodied form left E-S and he brought a date with him... you might say.