SOJ: A Bad Place to Visit But I Wouldn't Want to Die There! 2

  • libbyblawrence
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 16, 2013
      Over the next few hours it became apparent that the normally heroic Marvels had turned bad! Instead of stopping crimes or natural disasters, they were using their incredible powers for petty and malicious acts.

      For example, Mary Marvel casually used her super strength to carve the Statue of Liberty into her own likeness!

      "Sorry, Lib, old gal, but my legs are much, much better!" she said with a throaty laugh that sounded nothing like here normal giggle.

      Captain Marvel himself had gone in search of some of his old foes. Apparently, he had decided to use his powers to settle some old scores once and for all!

      "That rat Sivana is in hiding but I bet if I rough up his kids on national television, the old creep will crawl out of his hole!" he said with a grin.

      He swooped down like some avenging eagle and smashed his way into the luxurious apartment of Beautia Sivana. The lovely young woman gasped in surprise as the hero casually wrecked her home.

      "Captain Marvel! What are you doing? Are you crazy?" she said as she leaped away from falling plaster.

      He scooped her struggling form up in his arms and said, "Shut up, baby! You've had this coming for a long time! I'd advise you to just sit back and enjoy it. "

      He kissed Beautia passionately and then jerked her head back as he gripped her long blonde hair.

      "When I'm done with you, we're going to find your idiot brother Magnificus and I'm going to perform plastic surgery on him with my fists!" he said.

      Beautia frowned. She may have looked like a super model but she also had a keen mind and the courage of a champion. She had to stall for time until she could make sense of the Captain's weird behavior.

      "Don't be in a hurry on my account, honey!"she said.

      Meanwhile, two colorful figures had observed the rampaging Marvels with growing concern.

      The first man was tall and gaunt with light brown hair, large sensitive eyes, and a rather nervous mouth. He was youthful looking and appeared to be in good physical condition. He wore a red jacket with gray slacks and a slightly crooked and wrinkled tie.

      "Zoro, the images displayed by the Lamp of the gods were truly prophetic! It looks like Captain Marvel and his allies have become ruthless villains and yet I sense no magical spell is responsible for their odd actions!" he said.

      His friend was a handsome dark haired man with a thin dark mustache and an athletic built. He was wearing a tuxedo and he carried an ornate cane.

      "Warlock, I've learned to trust your lamp and its mystic shadows. The images it projects are more accurate than most things they show us on the nightly news!"said Zoro the Man of Mystery.

      He smiled as he said, "It is a shame my pilot Warbird couldn't join us. She always has had a bit of crush on Captain Marvel. When we straighten him out, I'll have to ask him for an autograph!"

      Warlock said, "Where exactly is Priscilla?"

      Zoro shook his head. "She was either going to a gun show or a sewing circle. The girl does have a wide variety of interests."

      The suave Zoro (Carter Sloane) quipped both out of habit and out of a desire to encourage his rather morose friend. He knew Warlock (Edmund Payton) was perhaps the most powerful magic user on Earth S but in spite of the brilliant man's many talents and amazing courage, he was a rather anxious and overly sensitive person. He had been the victim of a lover's spell that had trapped him in isolation for decades before Zoro freed him. Now, while Warlock had in fact reconciled with and forgiven Andrea the lover who enchanted him, he was still somewhat uncomfortable in crowds.

      Warlock smiled and nodded. He was aware of exactly what Zoro was doing and he appreciated it.

      He shrugged and said, "Any girl who was raised by the likes of Captain Midnight and Spy Smasher …not to mention you and her heroic grandfather the original Warbird… would naturally have diverse hobbies!"

      He said, "We have to stop the Marvels and restore them to their senses! My magic can lead me to them….not that their path of destruction has been what you would call subtle!"

      Zoro agreed. Although he possessed no super powers beyond a mystically and accidentally created near immortality, the Man of Mystery was supremely adept at almost every known talent or field of endeavor.

      He thought, "Stopping the three most powerful super humans on earth will not be easy but we have to try! The world owes them too much for them to suffer for any reason!"

      The duo began their search for the suddenly sinister former heroes with a grim resolve.

      Elsewhere a weird bald man watched from a monitor screen and said, "All goes according to plan! These humans will serve our purpose all too well!"
    • libbyblawrence
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 19, 2013
        It is meant to replace Syndicated as the Marvels first encounter with the CS. I do hope to use Mighty Adam. I had no plans for a bad Billy though. I figured to use the evil Shazam though since I figured he ended up at the dawn of time on E-3 when his disembodied form left E-S and he brought a date with him... you might say.