Re: [Shazam Earth S Lives on] Fawcett City's New Hero Part Three: Aftermath

  • Arcademan
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 4, 2012
      - I was going to do a follow-up on Flora's history as well as Cool Marvel and Caitlin O'Malley ala a 'Who's Who' style. Alas, lots of work and personal health issues have put this on hold for now.

      - Correct on the Hawkmen and Butterfly People. That story appeared in Captain Marvel Adventures #143; April 1953. I needed to get Flora interested in the human world so I used this story as a base to it.

      - And could the cryptic vision Cait saw lead to E-S's secret heoric history? As Dr. Sivana would say, "Heh! Heh! Heh!!!

      Thanks for the kind words, Doc.

      Arcademan
      The Master Creator
      Warlord of CLOW!!!

      --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, The Time Trust <the_time_trust_2000@...> wrote:

      > Very interesting end to your tale. I was glad to hear a bit about how Flora came to the human world, and I'm intrigued by the Captain Marvel adventure you're referencing featuring Hawkmen and Butterfly People, which I assume comes from a published tale?
      >
      > This story seems to lead into something much bigger, and perhaps ties in with Earth-S' secret heroic history as chronicled by Libbylawrence (Master Man), CSyphrett (Shiva and Kali), and Dan Swanson (the Super Squad)? Or is this another secret history that we will learn about soon?
      >
      > Anyway, I'm glad to see this long-unfinished story come to its conclusion. I'll schedule this for publication soon.
      >
      > --
      > Cheers,
      > Doc Quantum of The Time Trust

    • Drivtaan
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 29, 2012
        Looking forward to what you have in store for our Marvelous family of heroes.

        Lee

      • Doc Quantum
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 14, 2013
          Just a note: as cool as the idea that Jim Barr (Bulletman) is the Fawcett City Police Commissioner, I have to disagree. Such a change in a major character on this site shouldn't happen in a guest role in someone else's story.

          As per Libby's stories, he's still a police scientist, but not a police commissioner.

          In the archived version of this story, I'm going to replace Jim Barr with a character we KNOW is a police commissioner: Brian Butler, the original and former Mister Scarlet. I guess the only question that still remains is whether he's the police commissioner of Fawcett City or of New York City.

          Cheers,
          Doc

          --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, "Arcademan" <arcademanu2@...> wrote:

> [...]
          >
          > "Now or never!" She darted out in front of David and then grew from her inch size to her five-inch size. David stared in disbelief as if his eyes betrayed their senses.
          >
          > "You can't be real! No!!!" Before he could react, Flora's fists glowed with magical energy and zapped his eyes, causing him to scream. "I'm as real as they come, loser!" The woman whom was being held hostage ran hysterically toward the front window doors, not pausing for a second. Flora looked over.
          >
          > "She's going to run right through the glass doors! She'll be hurt badly." She flew at top speed and a second before the woman ran into the glass, Flora shot off twin energy blasts and shattered the windows. The woman ran though them like a Hollywood special effects. Almost immediately outside, everyone ran for cover as the officers ducked behind their vehicles and drew their revolvers. Jim Barr noticed it was not the crook.
          >
          > "It's the store manager that was taken hostage! Don't fire! Hurry and get to the front of the store!" As the chaotic scene was taking place outside of the store, Flora turned back to the robber, whose vision was clearing up and still couldn't believe what was flying in front of him...a five inch fairy.
          >
          > "Please surrender and nobody get's hurt, especially you!" demanded Flora. Daid was shaking with fear until suddenly the ceiling caved in and Cool Marvel came crashing through.
          >
          > "Got to fly!" Flora shrank down and flew undetected out the very hole Cool Marvel made through the ceiling. Marvel saw the robber shaking with fear as he dropped his gun on the floor and then fainted. Scant seconds later, Commisioner Barr and two officers came through with guns drawn and noticed the hero picking up the unconscious crook and handing him to the officers.
          >
          > "Look like you came and saved the day, Cool Marvel." And as Jim Barr looked around at the scene of the crime, Cool could only say one thing...
          >
          > "Holy Moley!"
          >
          > Ten minutes later, Flora flew in the back window of her apartment and grew back to human size.
          >
          > "That was too close! Only that crook saw me. Poor David Chance...I do hope he gets the help he and his family really do need. Guess my secret's safe for another day. I'll watch the news to see what's going on with the scene and then head on to bed." However before Flo could turn on the television, there was a knock on the front door. When Flo opened it up, there stood Willie B.
          >
          > "Willie, what brings you over here tonight?" asked the young lady.
          >
          > "There was a robbery at that store we always go to earlier tonight. Wanted to see if you were okay and..." Willie hesitated, then concluded what he was going to say.
          >
          > "If you had anything to do with what went on there."

        • ddswanson
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 15, 2013

            Doc, what you mean, I hope, is, 'let's discuss this aspect of continuity before the story is archived'. Unless the concept of community ownership of continuity is only illusory, I always thought that one purpose of posting a story here was to see if the community accepted a story as extending continuity in an acceptable way, and the decision to accept a story was a community decision, not a single person's decision.

            It is not impossible or inconceivable that Jim Barr would be police commissioner; perhaps his promotion was underway off stage in Libby's stories. It DOES seem unlikely that a police scientist would become commissioner - but perhaps police commissioner is an elected position in his town and Sue ran a great campaign, or perhaps in the years since he came out of suspendium, Jim has been taking a more active role in actual police field work so he has become better known as a policeman and able administrator, and he's been steadily promoted while still helping out in the lab on a regular basis. We don't know these things because nobody has written of them, but if Jim IS the police commissioner, then they are ideas for people to write about.

            Dan

          • Frank Murdock
            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 15, 2013
              I really enjoyed this chapter. Besides what doc has stated I had only
              only one problem with the dialogue. The following line just doesn't
              seem to fit to me considering how the pixie came to understand the
              "criminals" situation...

              "> "You can't be real! No!!!" Before he could react, Flora's fists
              glowed with magical energy and zapped his eyes, causing him to scream.
              "I'm as real as they come, loser!""

              I guess the term "loser" doesn't work for me? I guess I'm in the
              mindset that Flora would have used another term like his name or made
              the apology that despite his situation and her pity for that situation
              there was a line that he should have not crossed? Just a suggestion.
              It's your story after all.

              Good job. :)

              --
              sincerely,

              Frank G. Murdock
              Acadiana Area Council of the Blind President and founder
            • Frank Murdock
              Message 6 of 24 , Oct 15, 2013
                Agreed, Dan. While it is that I do not follow continuity all that
                tight here, I do agree with your statement. That's all I have to add
                to this conversation since it affects all of the 5 Earths.

                Message 7 of 24 , Oct 19, 2013

                  I guess no one else cares to join the discussion. I don't particularly care one way or the other - let's leave it up to  Arcademan, the author.