To Fly Again, Pt. 18-Only Time Will Tell

  • shazamgrrl1200
    Message 1 of 751 , Jan 2, 2001
      Manhattan, later that day.<br> Billy Batson was
      carried into St. Joseph's ER by Captain Marvel Jr., where
      he was diagnosed with three cracked ribs. Two young
      women had followed Cap Junior. One who had demanded
      that her father, Dr. Sean O'Malley, be put in charge
      of the injured young man�s case. The other girl they
      recognized from four months ago, when Satanus had been
      brought in disguised as Billy.<br> It was decided to keep
      Billy a week for observation, in case of internal
      injuries. Dr. O'Malley, hearing the whole story from his
      only daughter, excluding her own transformation,
      decided to say nothing about her adventure, not even to
      her mother.<br> Since Mary wouldn't leave her
      brother, Freddy had the task of telling Billy's other
      friends and co-workers that the one whom they called
      'Billy' for the past trimester was an imposter. Those "in
      the know", such as Joan Jameson, got the full story.
      Those who weren't got an edited version, with no
      mention of Blaze OR the Abyssal Plains, and were left to
      draw their own conclusions. He still told them the
      truth, he just left out most of the salient details.<br>
      Sterling Morris believed that his star newscaster had been
      abducted by a group of terrorists. Not exactly an uncommon
      event these days, but how did they find an imposter who
      looked and sounded so much like Billy, much less teach
      him the young man's habits so quickly? By the end of
      the recitation, Mr. Morris decided that it really
      didn't matter how, just that Billy was safe.<br> When
      Freddy told Cissie Summerly, the pretty redhead told him
      flat-out that she'd known about 'Billy' for quite a while.
      "I'm not dense," she said after a moment, grinning at
      Freddy's look of surprise. "I thought something was hinky
      a month ago."<br> �How..?� Freddy asked her.<br>
      �Oh, little things, things that Billy wouldn�t do on a
      bet�� She rattled off a list of things that made her
      question whether or not see was really going out with her
      boyfriend. Many of them were the very things that had made
      him suspicious, as well.<br> The Potters, though,
      took Freddy�s story at face value; but then, Freddy
      had sort-of told them that Billy had been snatched
      because of his friendship with Cap. They bought it; how
      could they not? If he hadn�t so pure of heart, Freddy
      would�ve made a world-class con man, due to his natural
      charm. Still, the version he told the older couple was
      marginally true.<br> But, only time would tell if Billy had
      come through his experiences in Hell with a whole
      soul.
    • Arcademan
      Message 751 of 751 , Oct 3, 2002
        --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@y..., starsky_hutch76 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > I don't see anything wrong with mary being in California. A little
        > thing like the span of a few states wouldn't stop the Marvels from
        > being to team up! The Leutenant Marvels could each be in their own
        > state, too.

        Actually,the Lt. Marvels were from different parts of the United
        States. The only way to activate their SHA...the wizard's powers were
        for the 3 to be together & shout the magic word together.

        If I recall in one of Shazamgrrl's fanfic stories,Mary was in
        California,away from Billy,Freddy & the rest of her friends. As much
        as the gang would like to stay together,there comes the time where
        they must venture out into the world on their own.

        Once I get more familiar with the timeline here,I'll make some more
        suggestions & comments ;o)

        Arcademan
        The Master Creator
        (And future writer of Shazam Earth S Lives On?)