Unexpected attack

  • Dan Swanson
    Message 1 of 157 , Apr 3 5:41 PM
      "I'm a super hero" the voice whispered. "I'll have us free in a moment."

      Lily didn't say anything, she realized her vocal cords seemed to be
      paralyzed. Who could this female super hero be? She must be
      invisible, She grunted, the only noise she could make.

      "Good, I have super hearing, you know." Lily didn't know, but she
      grunted again. "Hold on, I'll be right with you!"

      Suddenly there came several muffled bangs, and the bindings on the
      wrists and ankles of the tiny girl on the table exploded. She climbed
      stiffly to her feet and tottered to the wall.

      "This may sting a little" the voice spoke in Lily's ear, but the
      girl's lips didn't move. The brackets holding her to the wall
      suddenly started to vibrate, and then they seemed to just fall apart.
      "Good, I'm getting better at it!" the voice said in satisfaction
      -but her lips still didn't move. "We had better hurry before someone
      notices we're free."

      But it appeared to be too late - a strange wailing sound, probably an
      alarm, was blaring - and the people on the other tables throughout the
      room were suddenly moving. Lily pushed the smaller girl to the floor
      and fell on top of her, and a rock smashed into the wall where her
      head had been, just an instant before. A rock thrown by one of the
      throng of humans advancing their way!
    • Dan Swanson
      Message 157 of 157 , Aug 9, 2008
        It might not be apparent on the surface, but the chapter we wrote
        together in which you detailed Captain Marvel first meeting Captain
        Thunder was on my mind a lot when I was writing this chapter. You
        did a great job of bringing out the emotions involved, and there were
        a lot of similarities between what you achieved and what I was hoping
        to achive here. Thanks!

        Dan

        --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, Drivtaan <drivtaan@...>