Re: [Shazam Earth S Lives on] Super Power Contest

  • Frank Murdock
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
      Sure. What you got in mind?
      /FM:
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Dan Swanson
      To: ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 9:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [Shazam Earth S Lives on] Super Power Contest

      OK, I have a handle on Oxide's powers. Do either of you guys, JRP and
      Frank, want to be part of the Oxide origin story?

      Dan

      --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Swanson"
      <ddswanson@...> wrote:

      > Maybe the hero on Earth-S found a broken Hero dialer, and all he can
      > dial is 'rust'! Anyway, it got me thinking, thanks!
      >
      > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, jrpelt@ wrote:
      > >
      > > There was a Dial H character named Oxide who could cause things to
      > instantly rust and fall apart.
      > >
      > > --JRP

      > > From: "Dan Swanson" <ddswanson@>
      > > I need to figure out powers for a hero or heroine named Oxide. Any
      > > ideas? I'll put the winner in the first story featuring Oxide - even
      > > make you Oxide's civilian identity if you like. Remember this is
      > > Earth-S, so I'm looking for something I can write fun stories about.
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > Dan

    • Dan Swanson
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
        There are a couple of characters in the origin story, who would be
        regulars in the comic if it ever gets off the ground, who need names.
        I was thinking of naming one of them Murdoch Frank, known as 'Doc' to
        his friends. Oxide is not exactly on good grounds with the police;
        Doc is the exception. He is a Detective with many years of seniority
        on the force, and he realizes that Oxide is a valuable ally, and works
        with the vigilante on many occasions. How does that sound?

        Dan

        --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Murdock"

      • jrpelt@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
          You mean giving us an honorable mention or saying we were the mad scientist responsible for Oxide?

          --JRP

          From: "Dan Swanson" <ddswanson@...>

          <ddswanson@...> wrote:

          > Maybe the hero on Earth-S found a broken Hero dialer, and all he can
          > dial is 'rust'! Anyway, it got me thinking, thanks!
          >
          > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, jrpelt@ wrote:
          > >
          > > There was a Dial H character named Oxide who could cause things to
          > instantly rust and fall apart.
          > >
          > > --JRP

          > > From: "Dan Swanson" <ddswanson@>
          > > I need to figure out powers for a hero or heroine named Oxide. Any
          > > ideas? I'll put the winner in the first story featuring Oxide - even
          > > make you Oxide's civilian identity if you like. Remember this is
          > > Earth-S, so I'm looking for something I can write fun stories about.
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > >
          > > Dan

        • Dan Swanson
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 1, 2008
            Something like naming an important character in the supporting cast
            for Oxide with a name you choose, not necessarily your own name.

            Dan

            --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, jrpelt@... wrote:

            > You mean giving us an honorable mention or saying we were the mad
            scientist responsible for Oxide?

            > --JRP

            > From: "Dan Swanson" <ddswanson@...>
            > OK, I have a handle on Oxide's powers. Do either of you guys, JRP and
            > Frank, want to be part of the Oxide origin story?
            >
            > Dan
            >
            > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Swanson"
            > <ddswanson@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Maybe the hero on Earth-S found a broken Hero dialer, and all he can
            > > dial is 'rust'! Anyway, it got me thinking, thanks!
            > >
            > > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, jrpelt@ wrote:
            > > >
            > > > There was a Dial H character named Oxide who could cause things to
            > > instantly rust and fall apart.
            > > >
            > > > --JRP

            > > > From: "Dan Swanson" <ddswanson@>
            > > > I need to figure out powers for a hero or heroine named Oxide. Any
            > > > ideas? I'll put the winner in the first story featuring Oxide - even
            > > > make you Oxide's civilian identity if you like. Remember this is
            > > > Earth-S, so I'm looking for something I can write fun stories about.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks!
            > > >
            > > > Dan

          • Frank Murdock
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 9, 2008
              I was thinking of naming one of them Murdoch Frank, known as 'Doc' to
              his friends. Oxide is not exactly on good grounds with the police;

              /FM: heheheheh I guess in some sense I'm not on alll that good of a side of the 'police' either depending on who's doing the policing in some respects.

              I'd prefer my name as it is now not be used. How about Frank Pautzke. It was an alias I used in another life and it different enough that no one should bear such a likeness.

              Thanks,

              /FM:

              <bytor84@...> wrote:

              > Sure. What you got in mind?
              > /FM:

            • Dan Swanson
              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 10, 2008
                Would Murdoch Pautzke, aka 'Doc' be OK?

                <bytor84@...> wrote:

                > I was thinking of naming one of them Murdoch Frank, known as 'Doc' to
                > his friends. Oxide is not exactly on good grounds with the police;
                >

                > /FM: heheheheh I guess in some sense I'm not on alll that good of a
                side of the 'police' either depending on who's doing the policing in
                some respects.

                > I'd prefer my name as it is now not be used. How about Frank
                Pautzke. It was an alias I used in another life and it different
                enough that no one should bear such a likeness.

                > Thanks,
                >
                > /FM:

              • Frank Murdock
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 10, 2008
                  Sounds a little strange don't you think? Two last names from two different ethnicities? Murdock is Scotts-Irish and Pautzke is Germanic-Polish. It's your story and your characters so I'll leave it up to you. But I prefer Frank Pautzzke or if nothing else just using Pautzke as the last name and whatever first name you want to create.

                  Thanks,

                  /FM:
                  > I was thinking of naming one of them Murdoch Frank, known as 'Doc' to
                  > his friends. Oxide is not exactly on good grounds with the police;
                  >

                  > /FM: heheheheh I guess in some sense I'm not on alll that good of a
                  side of the 'police' either depending on who's doing the policing in
                  some respects.

                  > I'd prefer my name as it is now not be used. How about Frank
                  Pautzke. It was an alias I used in another life and it different
                  enough that no one should bear such a likeness.

                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > /FM:

                • Drivtaan
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 10, 2008
                    Perhaps you could go with Frank Pautzzke, but he is occasionally called Murdock because he reminds the hero of the guy from the A-Team. Sorry. Cold medication is starting to kick in.

                    Lee

                  • Frank Murdock
                    Message 9 of 16 , Feb 10, 2008
                      Actually that would be fine -- You're a lot closer to the truththan you might realize. heheheheheheheheh
                      Message 10 of 16 , Feb 11, 2008
                        That was the Murdock i was thinking of, too. But they didn't have the
                        A Team in 1960 - maybe the guy in my story left the police to join the
                        military, learned to fly a chopper, and got sent to 'Nam? The A-Team
                        sort of had an Earth-S feel to it, if you think about it... the normal
                        people who hired the A Team were always really good, the bad guys were
                        always really bad, the good guys always won, the bad guys always got
                        trashed, but nobody ever died, and you kind of had to suspend your
                        disbelief at some of Hannibal's plans. Yeah, I am pretty sure I am
                        going to introduce the A Team to Earth-S in my next story arc!

                        <bytor84@...> wrote:

                        > Actually that would be fine -- You're a lot closer to the truththan
                        you might realize. heheheheheheheheh

                      • Drivtaan
                        Message 11 of 16 , Feb 11, 2008
                          Perhaps Murdock was actually based on Frank Pautzzke on Earth-S.

                          Lee