To Fly Again, Pt. 4- Master and Servant

  • shazamgrrl1200
    Message 1 of 751 , Nov 1, 2000
      Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. rocketed away
      from the campus. They flew faster and faster, until
      they exceeded the speed of light, which flung them out
      of the Space-Time Continuum. As they approached the
      fabled Rock of Eternity, the young heroes saw that the
      old wizard, Shazam, was not alone.<br>"Greetings, my
      children. I know that you have come about Blaze, but there
      is something urgent that..."<br>"Uncle Dudley? What
      are you doing here?" Mary interrupted as she landed
      beside the elder gentleman.<br>"Mary! Freddy, m'lad!
      Have either of you seen Billy at all lately?" Dudley
      queried, almost frantic.<br>"No, Unc," Cap Jr. replied. "I
      haven't seen him since he got back from visiting Mary a
      couple of weeks ago. Why? What's wrong?"<br>Dudley faced
      the pair. A certain amount of dread crept into his
      voice as he spoke.<br>"Billy's disappeared. His
      secretary said that no one at WHIZ has seen him for two
      days. I also checked with the Potters; they hadn't seen
      hide nor hair of him, either."<br>"Oh, no; please god,
      don't let her have him" Mary whispered
      fervently.<br>Shazam finally got a word in, and it wasn't good. "I'm
      afraid so, child. Blaze has your twin captive in her
      realm. She means to use him as bait for you." <br>"Why?"
      She demanded.<br>"So she can finish what she started
      weeks ago; stealing your souls."<br><br>On the Abyssal
      plain, Blaze, looking more and more like Mary,
      interrogated her captive again. She felt a perverse pleasure
      in this one's torment, slowing the young man's
      time-sense so that his torture would raise more power. His
      entire body was a mass of cuts and bruises in various
      stages of healing, and all he felt was searing, intense
      pain.<br>"Shuh...shazaah..." he moaned, trying to get the word out, his voice
      a hoarse whisper from screaming.<br>"Ssshh, my
      sweet, your sister will come for you soon, I promise,"
      the demoness answered, wiping a drop of blood from
      the fresh gash on his cheek.<br>"Wh...why ah..are
      you...doing this to...to her?"<br>"Oh, let me think...because
      I FEEL LIKE IT? Because the three of you sneak into
      my realm...MY REALM!...and steal her foster father's
      SOUL from me?! And then you return him to the living?
      THAT isn't done, not without a forfeit. Or maybe, just
      maybe, it's because you're my father's
      favorites.<br>THAT'S why you're here. I don't forgive and I don't
      forget. One of you owes me my due, a soul, and I just
      want to take my pick."<br>"No..."<br>"Yes. They'll be
      here soon, sweetling, your sister and your friend. I'd
      better put you where they'll find you easily, then, the
      trap will be set."<br>Blaze looks at the smudge of
      blood she wiped from Billy Batson's face. The blood of
      an Innocent is always the sweetest, she thought with
      a smile.<br><br>TO BE CONTINUED
    • Arcademan
      Message 751 of 751 , Oct 3, 2002
        --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@y..., starsky_hutch76 <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > I don't see anything wrong with mary being in California. A little
        > thing like the span of a few states wouldn't stop the Marvels from
        > being to team up! The Leutenant Marvels could each be in their own
        > state, too.

        Actually,the Lt. Marvels were from different parts of the United
        States. The only way to activate their SHA...the wizard's powers were
        for the 3 to be together & shout the magic word together.

        If I recall in one of Shazamgrrl's fanfic stories,Mary was in
        California,away from Billy,Freddy & the rest of her friends. As much
        as the gang would like to stay together,there comes the time where
        they must venture out into the world on their own.

        Once I get more familiar with the timeline here,I'll make some more
        suggestions & comments ;o)

        Arcademan
        The Master Creator
        (And future writer of Shazam Earth S Lives On?)