late 50s Team Up - and CONTEST!

  • Dan Swanson
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2006
      I want to write a stroy set in the late 50s or early 60s, and I'd like
      it to be a team-up. Who is available?

      I already know about these heroes:

      Master Man
      Shiva
      Kali
      Tom Atomic
      Red Rocket
      Lady Victory

      and Captain Democracy will be showing up as well. Any Fawcett heroes,
      or heroes created by our own writers, who I've missed? (Some Fawcett
      heroes are in Suspendium, and others are in magical stasis on an
      island in the South Seas at this time - so we need Fawcett heroes who
      are not otherwise accounted for). Any supporting characters we have
      introduced here during that period? (like, do we know any of Shiva
      and Kali's friends? Master Man's girlfriend? etc)

      One of the members over on E2 won my "What will the Wizard see when he
      opens his eyes" contest, and he will also appear in this story.

      I need a name for the team. So here's another contest. What's a good
      name for an Earth-S hero team, set in the time period 1953 through
      1973 when the 'major' heroes were all trapped in Suspendium? I'll
      writ the winner (or winners, if there are duplicate winning entries)
      into the story! If there are a lot of good entries, we'll have a
      reader vote to determine the winning name.

      Looking forward to your suggestions!

      Dan
    • Ernie Ball
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 28, 2006
        Something simple. It's a name that I have always thought had a 50s ring, ever since I first heard it. The Super Squad.

        Driv

      • Dan Swanson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 28, 2006
          I was thinking about that too. But, it was used in connection with
          the E2 JSA for a while, and I was worried that the conventions around
          here would preclude me using it - it might confuse people about what
          Earth they are reading about.

          What about it, Founders and Elders? Could we call an Earth-S team the
          Super Squad?

          I'm not closing the contest yet, though!! Looking forward to other
          submissions....

          Dan

          > Something simple. It's a name that I have always thought had a 50s
          ring, ever since I first heard it. The Super Squad.

          > Driv

        • jwweb2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 29, 2006
            Mybe something like America's Greatest?