Writers' Challenge - ideas, anyone (Column A)

  • Dan Swanson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 22, 2006
      Challenge - compile a list of story ideas (Column A) and willing
      writers (Column B). Assign one or more story ideas to a willing
      writer and see what develops!

      This email is to collect story ideas. Any ideas? I have some...

      Column A

      Suppose _anyone_ could call the magic lightning, not just the Marvel
      Family?

      Suppose 7 different Elders contributed their powers to the magic
      lightning? (what would the word be? How would Captain Marvel be
      different?)

      Suppose Tawky Tawny Tiger was evil?

      What if Uncle Marvel really had Shazam powers?

      What if the magic lightning turned an unpowered adult into a super-
      powered adolescent?
    • Lee
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 23, 2006
        I have just downloaded the first 25 issues of All-Star Comics starring
        the JSA, and it gave me an idea for the Earth-S challenge. In the
        beginning of the JSA, the characters met up, discovered the sourse of
        the trouble, then went their separate ways to handle a certain aspect
        of the adventure. Once they finished, they met back up and everything
        was tied neatly together. My idea was this: why not hammer out the
        basic plot, beginning and end, then each writer challenges anyone who
        wishes to participate to write a specific character and see what the
        outcome is. I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to say, because
        I'm not sure if this came out the way i wanted it to.

        Driv
      • christine nightstar
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7, 2006
          A question about the Challenge... say we wanted to use a particular
          character (Starman for instance) would we have to use one of Various
          incarnations (Ted Knight... Bruce Wayne...David Knight... Mikel...
          that alien prince... Will Payton... Jack Knight) or could we tailor
          the character to fit better in Earth S?

          --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Swanson"
          <ddswanson@...> wrote:

          > Challenge - compile a list of story ideas (Column A) and willing
          > writers (Column B). Assign one or more story ideas to a willing
          > writer and see what develops!
          >
          > This email is to collect story ideas. Any ideas? I have some...
          >
          > Column A
          >
          > Suppose _anyone_ could call the magic lightning, not just the
          Marvel
          > Family?
          >
          > Suppose 7 different Elders contributed their powers to the magic
          > lightning? (what would the word be? How would Captain Marvel be
          > different?)
          >
          > Suppose Tawky Tawny Tiger was evil?
          >
          > What if Uncle Marvel really had Shazam powers?
          >
          > What if the magic lightning turned an unpowered adult into a super-
          > powered adolescent?

        • Dan Swanson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7, 2006
            --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, "christine nightstar"
            <ptc@...> wrote:

            > A question about the Challenge... say we wanted to use a particular
            > character (Starman for instance) would we have to use one of Various
            > incarnations (Ted Knight... Bruce Wayne...David Knight... Mikel...
            > that alien prince... Will Payton... Jack Knight) or could we tailor
            > the character to fit better in Earth S?

            I used Rex Tyler in one of my 'Possible Future' stories, and had him
            adopt the costumed identity of Sandman (for the sand in the hourglass
            he wears as part of his costume). In my own opinion, part of the
            thrill of alternate Earths is seeing how a familiar character differs
            in the alternate universes.

            Dan
          • Dan Swanson
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 7, 2006
              I guess what I'm trying to say is that I suggest you use somebody new
              for Starman, or if you use one of the other existing characters, such
              as Ted Knight, you give him an identity other than Starman (this is
              my own personal preference, not group policy, I'm not sure what the
              policy is).

              Dan

              > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, "christine nightstar"
              > <ptc@> wrote:
              > >
              > > A question about the Challenge... say we wanted to use a
              particular
              > > character (Starman for instance) would we have to use one of
              Various
              > > incarnations (Ted Knight... Bruce Wayne...David Knight...
              Mikel...
              > > that alien prince... Will Payton... Jack Knight) or could we
              tailor
              > > the character to fit better in Earth S?
              > >

              > I used Rex Tyler in one of my 'Possible Future' stories, and had him
              > adopt the costumed identity of Sandman (for the sand in the
              hourglass
              > he wears as part of his costume). In my own opinion, part of the
              > thrill of alternate Earths is seeing how a familiar character
              differs
              > in the alternate universes.
              >
              > Dan

            • Ernie Ball
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 7, 2006
                But, remember Chrissy, you can't use...Ah, but that would be telling. If you want to know who my surprise character is, email me personally and I will let you know. Hopefully, we aren't planning on using the same character.