Re: The Dream Stalker Chronicles: Enter the Dream Stalker

  • Dan Swanson
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2005
      --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, "christine nightstar"
      <ptc@n...> wrote:

      I have some reservations about this, so far.

      1. Shazam reading off Billy, and calling the Caps William and
      Frederick. I don't know if this is accurate or not - but it doesn't
      quite feel like Shazam to me.

      2. Shazam being a leading wizard of Atlantis? "In about 7000 BC, in
      Canaan, a young boy named Jebediah is given a magic word, VLAREM, by
      the gods to become the hero named the Champion, possessing the
      strength of Voldar, the wisdom of Lumiun, the speed of Arel, the
      power of Ribalvei, the courage of Elbiam, and the stamina of Marzoah."

      This young boy was Shazam. However, Atlantis sank around 8,000 BC.

      3. It's not clear why all the Marvels were visiting Shazam in the
      beginning of the story. It sounds like they all hang out there all
      the time, especially when they talk about eating junk food in his
      Sanctum, but mostly they don't, I think.

      I'm flattered that Volthoom is mentioned, btw (even though I stole
      him from Earth-3)! I'm looking forward to Siren Marvel.

      Dan
    • Dan Swanson
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2005
        --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Swanson"
        <ddswanson@c...> wrote:

        Couple other questions:

        Why does Jared 'out' Freddy's dreams with Mary in earshot? Given that
        Mary has the Wisdom of Minerva, why would she be unhappy to find out
        Freddy is dreaming about her?

        And, Jared's statement certainly makes it seems as if he disapproves of
        Freddy's dreams. I can't imagine Freddy dreaming anything that would
        rouse that level of disapproval of someone who is as intimately
        familiar with how people dream as Jared is.

        Dan
      • christine nightstar
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 2, 2005
          To answer your concerns about the chronicles thus far...
          A> I didnt know about the timeline of Atlantis sinking a thousand years
          before Shazam got his powers... I thought he'd be there.

          B> About the Freddy/Mary dreams ... It was a tease, he's been around
          eighty plus years and is amused by it. It also gives someone a stepping
          stone for later on. and the Wisdom of Minerva thing... to my
          understanding that doesnt work unless its called upon. besides how many
          girls do you know that after hearing a boy likes them hurries ahead in
          a fake snit. I know Ive done it plenty of times.

          <ddswanson@c...> wrote:
          > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Swanson"
          > <ddswanson@c...> wrote:
          >
          > Couple other questions:
          >
          > Why does Jared 'out' Freddy's dreams with Mary in earshot? Given
          that
          > Mary has the Wisdom of Minerva, why would she be unhappy to find out
          > Freddy is dreaming about her?
          >
          > And, Jared's statement certainly makes it seems as if he disapproves
          of
          > Freddy's dreams. I can't imagine Freddy dreaming anything that would
          > rouse that level of disapproval of someone who is as intimately
          > familiar with how people dream as Jared is.
          >
          > Dan
        • Dan Swanson
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 2, 2005
            besides how many
            > girls do you know that after hearing a boy likes them hurries ahead in
            > a fake snit. I know Ive done it plenty of times.

            If I ever knew anything about girls (and I'm not actually suggesting I
            ever did) I've certainly forgotten it by now.

            Dan
          • BLACKWOLF
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 3, 2005
              --- christine nightstar <ptc@...> wrote:

              > To answer your concerns about the chronicles thus
              > far...
              > A> I didnt know about the timeline of Atlantis
              > sinking a thousand years
              > before Shazam got his powers... I thought he'd be
              > there.
              >
              > B> About the Freddy/Mary dreams ... It was a tease,
              > he's been around
              > eighty plus years and is amused by it. It also gives
              > someone a stepping
              > stone for later on. and the Wisdom of Minerva
              > thing... to my
              > understanding that doesnt work unless its called
              > upon. besides how many
              > girls do you know that after hearing a boy likes
              > them hurries ahead in
              > a fake snit. I know Ive done it plenty of times.

              This I don't understand, thinking of the many decades
              ago when I was young and foolish [I am older now] it
              sounds like oh fifth grade.
              I didn't even know kids did that sort of thing
              nowadays.
              Surely by now though Mary and Freddy are old enough to
              be well aware of romantic feelings for each other,
              having known each other for decades [even with time in
              suspendium] thier young adults now.

              I also think if I am remembering correctly they have
              even been a couple for a while now.

              Although this might work as a times past tale when
              thier all young and starting out.

              Wolf

              Co-Author- FEARDEVIL:REBIRTH OF A HERO

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
            • BLACKWOLF
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 3, 2005
                --- Dan Swanson <ddswanson@...> wrote:

                > besides how many
                > > girls do you know that after hearing a boy likes
                > them hurries ahead in
                > > a fake snit. I know Ive done it plenty of times.
                > >

                > If I ever knew anything about girls (and I'm not
                > actually suggesting I
                > ever did) I've certainly forgotten it by now.
                >
                > Dan

                I hear they be soft and cuddly but have like totally
                different mindsets or something!

                Co-Author- FEARDEVIL:REBIRTH OF A HERO

                http://mail.yahoo.com