Re: [Shazam Earth S Lives on] TTU - Disaster at the Meadowlands - Conclusion

  • BLACKWOLF
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2005
      --- John Packer <johnpacker2000@...> wrote:

      > Note: The comicbook Earths do not have to totally
      > coincide with the real earth. It would be
      > interesting.
      > John Packer

      I agree!

      ^ ^

      * *

      < >

      --__-

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • BLACKWOLF
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2005
        --- Dan Swanson <ddswanson@...> wrote:

        > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com,
        > BLACKWOLF
        > <BLACKWOLF247@Y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- Dan Swanson <ddswanson@c...> wrote:
        > >

        > > > Titanic Team Up - Disaster in the Meadowlands -
        > > > Conclusion
        > >
        > > > in 1958, a strange family had joined a commune,
        > > > situated in the
        > > > Adirondack Mountains near Oil City, Pa. The
        > commune
        > > >
        > > Geographically challenged much eh?
        > >
        > > Either that or on Earth S The Adirondacks are
        > located
        > > differently then on this earth!
        > >

        > > I only point it out because as an Adirondacker I
        > feel
        > > a WHOLE LOT CLOSER TO CANADA THEN PENNSYLVANIA!
        > >

        > > Otherwise I found it all quite interesting and
        > well
        > > written!
        > >
        > > Wolf
        > >

        > It isn't the geology that is challeneged, actually.
        > It's my failing
        > memory, or my advancing senility, depending on
        > whether you are a
        > pessimist or a doomsayer. For Adirondacks, please
        > read Allegheny and
        > that ought to make you happy.
        >
        > Then again, maybe geography IS different on Earth-S!
        >
        > Dan

        Yah could be.
        Coming up a Golden Arrow story set in a ocean port
        town in Arizona!

        hee!

        Wolf

        ^ ^

        * *

        < >

        --__-

        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2005
          --- Dan Swanson <ddswanson@...> wrote:

          > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, John
          > Packer
          > <johnpacker2000@y...> wrote:
          > > Note: The comicbook Earths do not have to totally
          > coincide with the
          > real earth. It would be interesting.
          > > John Packer
          > >

          > I agree, John, but I actually really honestly truly
          > was talking about
          > the Allegheny Mountains, which really honestly truly
          > live in Western
          > New York and Western Pennsylvania, and the commune
          > is located not too
          > far from the very real (and very memorable) Oil
          > City, PA.
          >
          > Dan

          Glad you cleared that up!
          Seriously.

          Wolf

          ^ ^

          * *

          < >

          --__-

          Make Yahoo! your home page
          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • Dan Swanson
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1, 2005
            <BLACKWOLF247@Y...> wrote:

            > Glad you cleared that up!
            > Seriously.
            >
            > Wolf

            You know, someday you are going to make a tiny little error, totally
            insignificant, so picayune that nobody will ever notice it, and so
            meaningless that only a pendantic iconoclast would even deign to
            mention it, and I'm going to pick it up and carry it with me for
            months and months!

            Like, hey, it could have been worse - I could have said some seaport
            city in the middle of Arizona or something! Or put the tallest
            mountain in the world in the Marianas trench! Or had the Sun orbit
            around the Earth. Or Alpha Centauri be in the Pegasus Galazy. Or,
            well you get the picture...

            Heck I might even have made Sivana act like a real person! (oops,
            wrong story!)

            Actually, Wolf, have you ever been to Oil City? I guarantee you
            wouldn't want it in the Adirondacks!

            Tee hee!

            Dan
          • BLACKWOLF
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1, 2005
              --- Dan Swanson <ddswanson@...> wrote:

              > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com,
              > BLACKWOLF
              > <BLACKWOLF247@Y...> wrote:
              > >

              > > Glad you cleared that up!
              > > Seriously.
              > >
              > > Wolf
              > >

              > You know, someday you are going to make a tiny
              > little error, totally
              > insignificant, so picayune that nobody will ever
              > notice it, and so
              > meaningless that only a pendantic iconoclast would
              > even deign to
              > mention it, and I'm going to pick it up and carry it
              > with me for
              > months and months!
              >
              > Like, hey, it could have been worse - I could have
              > said some seaport
              > city in the middle of Arizona or something! Or put
              > the tallest
              > mountain in the world in the Marianas trench! Or
              > had the Sun orbit
              > around the Earth. Or Alpha Centauri be in the
              > Pegasus Galazy. Or,
              > well you get the picture...
              >
              > Heck I might even have made Sivana act like a real
              > person! (oops,
              > wrong story!)
              >
              > Actually, Wolf, have you ever been to Oil City? I
              > guarantee you
              > wouldn't want it in the Adirondacks!
              >
              > Tee hee!
              >
              > Dan

              Never been to oil City no.
              As for errors and mistakes well my friend way beyond
              picayune ones have come forth from my keyboard!

              Just a few examples was forgetting the first names or
              last names of some of my characters, and having one
              person change gender![or was that d.o.a. a sibling to
              a still living child?]

              But Don my friend we all make mistooks!

              honest we do Dam honest we do!

              Wolf

              ^ ^

              * *

              < >

              --__-

              http://personals.yahoo.com
            • John Packer
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 1, 2005
                Dan. Don't sweat it. Look at the ones I've made. Now, on with the stories.
                John Packer

                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 1, 2005
                  <BLACKWOLF247@Y...> wrote:

                  > Just a few examples was forgetting the first names or
                  > last names of some of my characters, and having one
                  > person change gender![or was that d.o.a. a sibling to
                  > a still living child?]
                  >
                  > But Don my friend we all make mistooks!
                  >
                  > honest we do Dam honest we do!
                  >

                  > Wolf

                  Whew! For a second there I thought your mind was as deep in the
                  crapper as mine! After all, you are ever so much older than I am! (a
                  few months, maybe?)

                  Approx. where in the Adirondacks do you hang out? I'm a WNY native,
                  myself.

                  Dan
                • Dan Swanson
                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 1, 2005
                    <johnpacker2000@y...> wrote:
                    > Dan. Don't sweat it. Look at the ones I've made. Now, on with the
                    stories.
                    > John Packer

                    Well, if you insist, but I actually find the inane banter between the
                    stories to be quite entertaining and almost always useful in figuring
                    out what to do next.

                    F'r instance, I think it's time for a big fictional Earth-S nuke on,
                    maybe, Plattsburgh?

                    Oops, that's in the Adirondacks, I think?

                    Dan
                  • John Packer
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 1, 2005
                      OK. I thought you guys were "sirius". LOL.
                      John Packer

                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 1, 2005
                        --- Dan Swanson <ddswanson@...> wrote:

                        > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com,
                        > BLACKWOLF
                        > <BLACKWOLF247@Y...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Just a few examples was forgetting the first names
                        > or
                        > > last names of some of my characters, and having
                        > one
                        > > person change gender![or was that d.o.a. a sibling
                        > > a still living child?]
                        > >
                        > > But Don my friend we all make mistooks!
                        > >
                        > > honest we do Dam honest we do!
                        > >

                        > > Wolf
                        > >

                        > Whew! For a second there I thought your mind was as
                        > deep in the
                        > crapper as mine! After all, you are ever so much
                        > older than I am! (a
                        > few months, maybe?)
                        >
                        > Approx. where in the Adirondacks do you hang out?
                        > I'm a WNY native,
                        > myself.
                        >
                        > Dan

                        I live believe it or nuts just down the road from THE
                        NORTH POLE! Yep where SANTA AND THE ELVES WORK AND
                        PLAY!

                        [As seen on QVC TRUE FACT! It was offered for sale
                        several years ago on that channel!]

                        ^ ^

                        * *

                        < >

                        --__-

                        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                      • BLACKWOLF
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 1, 2005
                          --- Dan Swanson <ddswanson@...> wrote:

                          > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, John
                          > Packer
                          > <johnpacker2000@y...> wrote:
                          > > Dan. Don't sweat it. Look at the ones I've made.
                          > Now, on with the
                          > stories.
                          > > John Packer
                          > >

                          > Well, if you insist, but I actually find the inane
                          > banter between the
                          > stories to be quite entertaining and almost always
                          > useful in figuring
                          > out what to do next.
                          >
                          > F'r instance, I think it's time for a big fictional
                          > Earth-S nuke on,
                          > maybe, Plattsburgh?
                          >
                          > Oops, that's in the Adirondacks, I think?
                          >
                          > Dan

                          Just outside.
                          Back when there was an airbase there I use to worry
                          about those dirty chinese/Rooshin commieratbasthiches
                          dropping bombs on it while we were there shopping!

                          ^ ^

                          * *

                          < >

                          --__-

                          __________________________________
                          Yahoo! Messenger
                        • Dan Swanson
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 1, 2005
                            <BLACKWOLF247@Y...> wrote:

                            > --- Dan Swanson <ddswanson@c...> wrote:
                            > >

                            > > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, John
                            > > Packer
                            > > <johnpacker2000@y...> wrote:
                            > > > Dan. Don't sweat it. Look at the ones I've made.
                            > > Now, on with the
                            > > stories.
                            > > > John Packer
                            > > >

                            > > Well, if you insist, but I actually find the inane
                            > > banter between the
                            > > stories to be quite entertaining and almost always
                            > > useful in figuring
                            > > out what to do next.
                            > >
                            > > F'r instance, I think it's time for a big fictional
                            > > Earth-S nuke on,
                            > > maybe, Plattsburgh?
                            > >
                            > > Oops, that's in the Adirondacks, I think?
                            > >
                            > > Dan
                            > >

                            > Just outside.
                            > Back when there was an airbase there I use to worry
                            > about those dirty chinese/Rooshin commieratbasthiches
                            > dropping bombs on it while we were there shopping!
                            >
                            > Wolf

                            Well, if I were you, I would be really careful crossing over to Earth-
                            S right about now!

                            Dan
                          • BLACKWOLF
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 4, 2005
                              --- Dan Swanson <ddswanson@...> wrote:
                              > > Just outside.
                              > > Back when there was an airbase there I use to
                              > worry
                              > > about those dirty chinese/Rooshin
                              > commieratbasthiches
                              > > dropping bombs on it while we were there shopping!
                              > >
                              > > Wolf
                              >
                              > Well, if I were you, I would be really careful
                              > crossing over to Earth-
                              > S right about now!
                              >
                              > Dan

                              Oddly I haven't been able to physcially do that since
                              1985!

                              Whats up with that?

                              Wolf

                              ^ ^