Re: [Shazam Earth S Lives on] JWAC Chapter 1

  • libbylawrence
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
      Uh oh, sounds like Jack's going to give up on both his cafe and his
      girlfriend Sandra by the time we get to this possible future.
    • Dan Swanson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, libbylawrence
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Uh oh, sounds like Jack's going to give up on both his cafe and his
        > girlfriend Sandra by the time we get to this possible future.

        oops! Well, it is a 'possible' future, not 'the' future. But there
        really is a reason for these things. I'm positing that Jack came out
        of the suspendium in 1973, his chronological age was about 53, his
        subjective age was about 33 and he appeared to be in his mid-20s.
        And, he still appears to be in his mid-20s in 2000.

        He found that people that stay young when those around them get older
        generate resentment, and other types of interest from other people
        that he found unhealthy, both for himself and for the people around
        him. For instance, the fanatic group that came to believe that
        repeated transfusions of his blood would keep them young, too, and who
        thought his friends might be in on the secret...

        So he took up a routine of coloring his hair and wearing makeup to
        make himself look older, but by the time the 90s rolled around, he had
        had enough. So he shut down the Jack Weston id and created the John
        Westfall id. And, he moved away from his home, and chose a totally
        different life instead.

        It's possible Sandy is still around, but unless she has found some way
        to stay young, she probably left when she realized that he would still
        be 24 when she was old and withered and gray. I was actually planning
        to have Jack remain pretty much without a girlfriend until I could
        come up with a good reason to make some woman immortal.

        I even considered what might happen between him and the only 2 women
        around who seem to be anywhere near as long lived as he - Mary Marvel
        and Susan Barr. But in this possible future, both are married, Sue is
        still with Jim and Mary - well, that's a surprise for later, although
        you guys will probably have it figured out by then.

        Did anybody figure out who the guy in yellow and black is? How about
        the new hero with the staff, bo sticks and red, white and blue outfit?

        All that and more, coming up next!

        Dan