Captain Nazi origin?

  • harveykent
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 21, 2004
      My wife just gave me Shazam Archives #4 for Father's Day. In reading
      the first appearance of Captain Nazi I see that his origin was not
      depicted.

      Does anyone know when the origin of Captain Nazi, detailed in text
      form in Who's Who in the DC Universe, was first depicted in comics?

      -HK-
    • bradley mccurry
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 21, 2004
        If you fins the original DC whos who It tells it. If memory serve his origin is similar to Capt. Americas..sort of a science chemical origin. My memory is a bit sketchy though

        Brad

        harveykent <xodlirv@...> wrote:
        My wife just gave me Shazam Archives #4 for Father's Day. In reading
        the first appearance of Captain Nazi I see that his origin was not
        depicted.

        Does anyone know when the origin of Captain Nazi, detailed in text
        form in Who's Who in the DC Universe, was first depicted in comics?

        -HK-

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • mcmaenza
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 22, 2004
          I recall this as well. I want to say it was told in the 70's Shazam
          comic - about the time Don Newton was doing the art later in the run
          (just prior to the book getting cancelled and the strip moving over
          to World's Finest).

          Martin
        • libbylawrence
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 22, 2004
            The next to last issue of Shazam retold it but I don't know when they
            originally added the flying gas he used.
          • MaxtheGnome@wmconnect.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 22, 2004
              "From infancy, Albrecht Krieger was fed a so-called "Miracle Food" secretly
              developed by his father, Siegmund. This substance made Albrecht super-strong,
              incredibly agile, and insidiously intelligent. Unfortunately, it did not make
              him invulnerable, for he was wounded in a fencing duel while in school at
              Heidelberg, gaining a livid scar across his face.
              When Adolph Hitler came to power in Germany, Siegmund Krieger presented
              his son to Hitler as the ultimate developement of the superior Aryan race.
              Impressed, Hitler dubbed Albrecht Krieger Captain Nazi and had him smuggled into
              the United States as a weapon against America's super-heroes."--DC Who's Who
              Volume IV, June 1985

              Is this enough, or do you want more? ;-)

              Driv

            • bradley mccurry

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 22, 2004
                  Glad to be of service.

                  Driv

                • harveykent
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 23, 2004
                    As I mentioned in my original post, I had already read the Who's Who
                    account. I just wanted to know when it first appeared in comics.

                    -HK-

                  • MaxtheGnome@wmconnect.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 23, 2004
                      In a message dated 6/23/2004 11:44:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                      xodlirv@... writes:

                      > As I mentioned in my original post, I had already read the Who's Who
                      > account. I just wanted to know when it first appeared in comics.
                      >
                      > -HK-

                      That would have been MASTER COMICS # 21.

                      Driv

                    • harveykent
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 24, 2004
                        Actually, no. That was his first appearance, but also as I mentioned
                        before, his origin wasn't depicted there.

                        --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, MaxtheGnome@w... wrote:
                        > In a message dated 6/23/2004 11:44:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                        > xodlirv@c... writes:
                        >

                        > > As I mentioned in my original post, I had already read the Who's
                        Who
                        > > account. I just wanted to know when it first appeared in comics.
                        > >
                        > > -HK-
                        > >

                        > That would have been MASTER COMICS # 21.
                        >
                        > Driv

                      • libbylawrence
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 24, 2004
                          Right, and he didn't fly in it either, did he? So, he must have
                          returned again and received the flying gas but I don't know when that
                          was.
                        • MaxtheGnome@wmconnect.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 24, 2004
                            Are you saying comics have steered me wrong!?! Sorry about that. And I'm
                            sorry about the misinformation on my part.

                            Driv