Re: [Shazam Earth S Lives on] The Marvel Family: Righting Wrongs, Ch. 2, Pt. 1

  • PixieP
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2004
      --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, BLACKWOLF
      <BLACKWOLF247@Y...> wrote:

      > As others have pointed out Black Adam was the right
      > choice at the time and did have a long illustrious
      > career as a hero before turning bad...

      If we are to go by official established continuity, Teth-Adam was
      chosen by the wizard to carry on his work and gave him the power to
      become Mighty Adam, which he promptly(note that word please) to break
      the pharaoh's neck and immediately(again note the word) seize control
      of the country. It was then Shazam returned to find what Mighty Adam
      had done. Renaming him Black Adam, he banished him to the farthest
      star, 5000 light years away.

      When the Marvel Family defeated Black Adam upon his return, Shazam
      thanked the World's Mightiest Family for atoning for his greatest
      mistake, which was giving his powers to Black Adam.

      Black Adam becoming a hero for a long period of time was established
      in "Post-Crisis" continuity with Jerry Ordway's Power of SHAZAM!
      series. If we are to do things here according to "Pre-Crisis"
      history, this line of reasoning about Adam being a hero should not be
      valid and abandoned.

      PixieP
      Master of the Mystical Lightning
      Guardian of the Book of Clow!
    • BLACKWOLF
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2004
        --- PixieP <pixiep2k4@...> wrote:
        > --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com,
        > BLACKWOLF
        > <BLACKWOLF247@Y...> wrote:
        >

        > > As others have pointed out Black Adam was the
        > right
        > > choice at the time and did have a long illustrious
        > > career as a hero before turning bad...
        >
        > If we are to go by official established continuity,
        > Teth-Adam was
        > chosen by the wizard to carry on his work and gave
        > him the power to
        > become Mighty Adam, which he promptly(note that word
        > please) to break
        > the pharaoh's neck and immediately(again note the
        > word) seize control
        > of the country. It was then Shazam returned to find
        > what Mighty Adam
        > had done. Renaming him Black Adam, he banished him
        > to the farthest
        > star, 5000 light years away.
        >
        > When the Marvel Family defeated Black Adam upon his
        > return, Shazam
        > thanked the World's Mightiest Family for atoning for
        > his greatest
        > mistake, which was giving his powers to Black Adam.
        >
        > Black Adam becoming a hero for a long period of time
        > was established
        > in "Post-Crisis" continuity with Jerry Ordway's
        > Power of SHAZAM!
        > series. If we are to do things here according to
        > "Pre-Crisis"
        > history, this line of reasoning about Adam being a
        > hero should not be
        > valid and abandoned.
        >
        > PixieP
        > Master of the Mystical Lightning
        > Guardian of the Book of Clow!
        Allright I stand corrected on that point.
        My belief that Adam had a long career as a hero was
        from a JSA comic last year and I didn't realize it was
        a post crises change in continuity.
        And welcome back.

        Wolf

        =====
        ^ ^
        * *
        (-)

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
      • PixieP
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2004
          Thanks, Wolf. Admittingly I haven't been too productive here besides
          the occasional chatroom. I have a couple of ideas for a story here
          but I'm still tinkering in the planning stages...as they say, "STAY
          TUNED!" ;o)

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 17, 2004
            --- PixieP <pixiep2k4@...> wrote:
            > Thanks, Wolf. Admittingly I haven't been too
            > productive here besides
            > the occasional chatroom. I have a couple of ideas
            > for a story here
            > but I'm still tinkering in the planning stages...as
            > they say, "STAY
            > TUNED!" ;o)
            >
            > PixieP
            > Master of the Mystical Lightning
            > Guardian of the Book of Clow!

            And I never make the chats!

            So what out of curiosity is the Book of Clow?

            WOLF

            =====
            ^ ^
            * *
            (-)

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 17, 2004
              <BLACKWOLF247@Y...> wrote:

              > So what out of curiosity is the Book of Clow?

              Reference to my favorite manga/anime "Cardcaptor Sakura" :o)