Re: Shazam Challenge : Epilogue

  • mcmaenza
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 1, 2003
      I'm with Starsky on this - very often round-robins tend to get very
      out of hand, to the point that no one is happy where they are going
      and no one wants to finish them. I think that is what severely
      crippled the E-2 club - too many characters tied up in too many round-
      robins that were left undone for a couple years now.

      A round-robin needs an overall coordinator(s) who will oversee the
      direction of the tale and try to keep it on track. Discussion needs
      to be done to keep it organized. An ending goal needs to be set so
      that things and chapters drive to that point.

      Martin
    • BLACKWOLF
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 1, 2003
        --- mcmaenza <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        > I'm with Starsky on this - very often round-robins
        > tend to get very
        > out of hand, to the point that no one is happy where
        > they are going
        > and no one wants to finish them. I think that is
        > what severely
        > crippled the E-2 club - too many characters tied up
        > in too many round-
        > robins that were left undone for a couple years now.
        >
        > A round-robin needs an overall coordinator(s) who
        > will oversee the
        > direction of the tale and try to keep it on track.
        > Discussion needs
        > to be done to keep it organized. An ending goal
        > needs to be set so
        > that things and chapters drive to that point.
        >
        > Martin

        Yes As I have suggested a round robin should have a
        definate limit with someone on board to do first and
        last chapters and a set number of chapters with
        writers who are agreed to do them. This has worked in
        the a.p.a.'s I have been in allows plenty of room for
        creativity but also keeps a riegn on the story.

        Wolf

        =====
        ^ ^
        * *
        (-)

        Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
        http://companion.yahoo.com/
      • starsky_hutch76
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 3, 2003
          > Yes As I have suggested a round robin should have a
          > definate limit with someone on board to do first and
          > last chapters and a set number of chapters with
          > writers who are agreed to do them. This has worked in
          > the a.p.a.'s I have been in allows plenty of room for
          > creativity but also keeps a riegn on the story.
          >
          > Wolf

          THat's the probkem with 2 of the round robins at E-2. The guys who
          initieated them have been no-shows for a long time! JSAGL was
          supposed to write the ending for the Thor round robin!