4428RE: Re: [Shazam Earth S Lives on] Tales of Fawcett City: It's a Date Part 1

  • lawrenceliberty
    Sep 10, 2013

       I think each Earth has its own- possibly vague in some cases- tone as far as stories are concerned.

      Earth S stories have always had a certain whimsy about them. Captain Marvel was as capable and heroic as Superman but he also starred in stories with large elements of humor in them.  Sivana may be smarter that Luthor but he also had a enthusiasm for whatever evil deed he was attempting. He loved his work so to speak.

      That kind of gleeful, hand wringing  malice would not fit with Luthor for example. Any way, I may be expressing it poorly but I think Earth S should be full of robotic grandmothers, talking tigers, Lts. with exaggerated cultural traits and it is all the richer for it.

      World at War Earth X would be  grimmer as would the Cold War dominated E-4.

      I think saying any aspect of Earth S is "dumb or lame ' is as unfair as saying Earth X has too many Nazi stories or that E-4 needs to show U S and Soviet accord..

      --- In ShazamEarthSliveson@yahoogroups.com, <shazamearthsliveson@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Yes! I would happily write that story witgh someone like yourself or
      Dan to make sure I got to play the likenesses of each character
      appropriately as I stripped Fat Billy, Hill Billy, and Dumb-Billy of
      their powers along with their lame female characters as well. :)

      On 9/9/13, Doc Quantum <the_time_trust_2000@...> wrote:
      > Is it time for a Marvelpocalypse?

      Frank G. Murdock
      Acadiana Area Council of the Blind President and founder
    • Show all 48 messages in this topic