I'm new to here

  • Willow Blossom
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2009
      My name is Willow and I am an NDN who lives in Northern Cal. I have
      been reading the posts, from the beginning and reached 102. There was
      quite I triade going on at the beginning there, but I read through it.
      I know nothing realy of what was there. My beliefs are more or less
      structured from my own EXPERIENCES. Anyhow, I look forward to getting
      to know everyone and learning what each of you believe as your path.
      Mine is a bit twisted, but I still claim it.

      Back to the beginning posts, on Heyokah, just from stuff that I have
      read, I have always been under the impression that those who were
      called to behaving as heyokah were Shaman/healers in their own right,
      and that they taught "healing medicine" by acting in a contrary manner
      to humilliate another who was boastful, selfish,rude, abusive and so on.
      The Heyokah, acting out this behavior, was usually honored with
      excessive gift from the offending person to appeas the SPIRIT of
      contrary Heyokah. Am I wrong in what I have retained and pieced
      together? Just wondering.
      Willow
    • Nick Noble Wolf
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2009
        > My name is Willow and I am an NDN who lives in Northern Cal.

        Welcome to the group, Willow.

        > I have
        > been reading the posts, from the beginning and reached 102. There was
        > quite I triade going on at the beginning there, but I read through it.
        > I know nothing realy of what was there.

        That was years ago. Not sure any of us much remember at this point. However,
        we have been known to have energetic disagreements. That is fine so long as
        they are kept civil and honorable.

        > Back to the beginning posts, on Heyokah, just from stuff that I have
        > read, I have always been under the impression that those who were
        > called to behaving as heyokah were Shaman/healers in their own right,
        > and that they taught "healing medicine" by acting in a contrary manner
        > to humilliate another who was boastful, selfish,rude, abusive and so on.
        > The Heyokah, acting out this behavior, was usually honored with
        > excessive gift from the offending person to appeas the SPIRIT of
        > contrary Heyokah. Am I wrong in what I have retained and pieced
        > together? Just wondering.

        As I know it, those who have been lightening struck often become medicine
        people. However, to say that every golfer who has been hit by lightening is
        a medicine person or shaman would likely be a mistake.

        Blessings,
        ~Nick
      • yzermongol
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2009
          Welcome to the list, Willow. What tribe are you from? Can you share
          some of your tribe's traditions with us?
          Steve

          --- In ShamanicWays@yahoogroups.com, "Willow Blossom"

        • the_wicker_man_im@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2009
            Welcome willow!!
            You've seem to have broken the silence, please ask any questions you have!
            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

            <sau_tau_nee@...> wrote:

            > My name is Willow and I am an NDN who lives in Northern Cal. I have
            > been reading the posts, from the beginning and reached 102. There
            was
            > quite I triade going on at the beginning there, but I read through
            it.
            > I know nothing realy of what was there. My beliefs are more or less
            > structured from my own EXPERIENCES. Anyhow, I look forward to
            getting
            > to know everyone and learning what each of you believe as your
            path.
            > Mine is a bit twisted, but I still claim it.
            >
            > Back to the beginning posts, on Heyokah, just from stuff that I
            have
            > read, I have always been under the impression that those who were
            > called to behaving as heyokah were Shaman/healers in their own
            right,
            > and that they taught "healing medicine" by acting in a contrary
            manner
            > to humilliate another who was boastful, selfish,rude, abusive and
            so on.
            > The Heyokah, acting out this behavior, was usually honored with
            > excessive gift from the offending person to appeas the SPIRIT of
            > contrary Heyokah. Am I wrong in what I have retained and pieced
            > together? Just wondering.
            > Willow

          • laurence.bailey
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 16, 2009
              Greetings and welcome, Willow, from windy Lincolnshire, UK !