An enriching experience .

  • laurence.bailey
    Message 1 of 2 , May 14, 2008
      I have suffered from arthritis in my back from a young age, but I
      have it pretty much under control now ... however, a week ago, some
      worn disks started really hurting me again, and I had a trapped nerve
      which made me lose all sensation in my left leg . I got up in the
      morning and simply fell to the floor like a sack of spuds ! No left
      leg ! How strange that felt ! Over the next few days, I felt
      powerless, couldn't watch over my children properly to keep them
      safe, and it triggered in me a new sense of perception that first
      brought into relief, in a kind of monochrome, everything in the same
      room as I was . I started sensing EVERYTHING in the room, knew where
      the dogs would be moving around to next ... Then I focussed on other
      rooms in the house and could "see", know everything that was going on
      in there too ... I knew which child was doing what and in what room .
      The loss of one physical function had been well compensated ! It was
      wonderful .

      The same happened when today, I was given cortisone injections in my
      disks . Under the local anaesthetic, I sensed every move of that
      probe within my back, and knew "the spot had been hit" and it will
      work . I could "see it" happen .

      These ramblings aren't born of the dosage of morphine i received
      today at the hospital either, because that was very well channelled
      into helping me forget a total stranger was twidling a needle a
      millimetre away from my spinal chord ! LOL !
    • Nick Noble Wolf
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15, 2008
        Well, I don't have anything clever to say, but wish to acknowledge your
        post.

        Blessings,
        ~Nick