Question about healing

  • eeklektic
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2008
      I have a question for all. A friend of mine told me that in Peru, shamans there use guinea
      pigs to draw sicknesses out from people and it goes into the animal. This happens
      overnight. Then, the following day, the shaman takes the sickness out of the animal.

      Is anyone familiar with this type of healing? Is it practiced in the US? If so, where would
      you find someone that does this? Any information is appreciated!

      With gratitude,

    • maria_copper_sun
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
        Hello V,
        What you want to look for is a Curandero. they use guinea pigs, but
        the guinea pigs are usually killed for this purpose. The Curandero
        also reads the insides of the animal to seek a cure for the sick.
        This is not only done in Peru, but in Mexico and parts of the US
        Southwest. I hope this helps you.
        Maria :)

        --- In ShamanicWays@yahoogroups.com, eeklektic <no_reply@...> wrote:

        > I have a question for all. A friend of mine told me that in Peru,
        shamans there use guinea
        > pigs to draw sicknesses out from people and it goes into the
        animal. This happens
        > overnight. Then, the following day, the shaman takes the sickness
        out of the animal.

        > Is anyone familiar with this type of healing? Is it practiced in
        the US? If so, where would
        > you find someone that does this? Any information is appreciated!
        >
        > With gratitude,

      • Nick Noble Wolf
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
          I guess the Even in Siberia do something similar with reindeer taking on the
          sickness. Then the reindeer is set free and no longer has to work.

          Aren't chickens used for that in some traditions--Santeria or something??

          I know about using eggs for that--but they're not really an animal :-)

          Blessings,
          ~Nick

          >I have a question for all. A friend of mine told me that in Peru, shamans
          >there use guinea
          > pigs to draw sicknesses out from people and it goes into the animal. This
          > happens
          > overnight. Then, the following day, the shaman takes the sickness out of
          > the animal.
          >
          > Is anyone familiar with this type of healing? Is it practiced in the US?
          > If so, where would
          > you find someone that does this? Any information is appreciated!
          >
          > With gratitude,

        • eeklektic
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2008
            Yes! Thank you!!!!