Traumatic experiences - putting things back together

  • Snow
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 11, 2007
      Hi all ----

      It's quiet here. I wondered -- does anyone have any good tips on how
      to pull one's life together after very heavy traumatic happenings?
      This has happened in my life, leaving me with one child less, and he
      was an intagral part of my life, and now he's not there, and I am
      trying to pull myself together again, without him. Time has taken on
      a different dimension, and small things do not have the same
      importance that they once did. I have read about soul fragmentation,
      and I think that this would be a prime example, but I do not have a
      friendly nearby shaman, or any that I know of, to help with this. I
      wondered if there was anything you could suggest for me, for self
      help? There is intense loss and pain involved, and remorse and even
      anger at the threads which wove this pattern in our lives. I see him
      sometimes, fleeting glimpses, and he's happy, so that's a good sign.
      But I can't seem to find energy or concentration or interest in
      much. And my memory is all screwed up.

      TY!
      Snow
    • blkbirdlvr
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 11, 2007
        --- In ShamanicWays@yahoogroups.com, "Snow" <snowlaken@...> wrote:

        > Hi all ----
        >
        > It's quiet here. I wondered -- does anyone have any good tips on
        how
        > to pull one's life together after very heavy traumatic happenings?
        > This has happened in my life, leaving me with one child less, and
        he
        > was an intagral part of my life, and now he's not there, and I am
        > trying to pull myself together again, without him. Time has taken
        on
        > a different dimension, and small things do not have the same
        > importance that they once did. I have read about soul
        fragmentation,
        > and I think that this would be a prime example, but I do not have a
        > friendly nearby shaman, or any that I know of, to help with this. I
        > wondered if there was anything you could suggest for me, for self
        > help? There is intense loss and pain involved, and remorse and even
        > anger at the threads which wove this pattern in our lives. I see
        him
        > sometimes, fleeting glimpses, and he's happy, so that's a good
        sign.
        > But I can't seem to find energy or concentration or interest in
        > much. And my memory is all screwed up.
        >
        > TY!
        > Snow

        Hello snow. Anger, remorse, and pain from a loss is a part of the
        healing process. It is okay to feel those things for a time. But what
        you have to realize, is that your loved one will have to be let go of
        eventually. It hinders them and you in your life. One of the things I
        tell myself and others during their time of grief is that only the
        body is gone from us. I think alot of times we see the body as all
        there is of a person. In reality, the body only holds the soul of
        that person inside, like a trap. When the soul is set free, it can be
        anywhere, at any time. You're child can't leave you now, in a way.
        He/she will always be with you. You're glimpses of the child shows
        you that or you wouldn't see them.And it's for that reason you have
        to pull yourself back together,because your child can see you and
        everything you go through. Walk through life knowing that your
        child's spirit is with you. I honestly believe our loved ones never
        leave us. They become the energy around us, and sometimes the energy
        we need to help us get through life until we meet them again. I hope
        this helps, I feel for you and any of your family. I have three
        children myself, and the thought of losing even one of them brings a
        feeling I hope to never feel. Time heals wounds, snow. -nikki
      • Steve Wilson
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 12, 2007
          You might want to check out a thing called
          .....EFT...... See if you can find a practioner in
          your area. If not go to.......emofree.com......
          This stuff is fantastic. I have even fixed a dyslexia
          with it. The site gives you a choice-- you can
          download a FREE 77 page "manual" or you can sign up
          for the $600 course that makes you a teacher. The one
          prob that I've had so far is that I have trouble
          working on myself. Called my teacher and she has the
          same prob, so you may want to get an accomplice. I
          have seen it fix grief, pain, phobias, fears,
          cravings, habits, you name it. Takes about 10
          minutes to do, can even be done in public.
          Steve

          http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC
        • yzermongol
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 12, 2007
            Snow,
            I am *very* sorry to hear of your loss. I will burn juniper for you
            and pray for blessings from the spirits.
            Steve

            --- In ShamanicWays@yahoogroups.com, "Snow" <snowlaken@...> wrote:

            > Hi all ----
            >
            > It's quiet here. I wondered -- does anyone have any good tips on
            how
            > to pull one's life together after very heavy traumatic happenings?
            > This has happened in my life, leaving me with one child less, and
            he
            > was an intagral part of my life, and now he's not there, and I am
            > trying to pull myself together again, without him. Time has taken
            on
            > a different dimension, and small things do not have the same
            > importance that they once did. I have read about soul
            fragmentation,
            > and I think that this would be a prime example, but I do not have
            > friendly nearby shaman, or any that I know of, to help with this.
            > wondered if there was anything you could suggest for me, for self
            > help? There is intense loss and pain involved, and remorse and
            even
            > anger at the threads which wove this pattern in our lives. I see
            him
            > sometimes, fleeting glimpses, and he's happy, so that's a good
            sign.
            > But I can't seem to find energy or concentration or interest in
            > much. And my memory is all screwed up.
            >
            > TY!
            > Snow

          • Snow
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 12, 2007
              Hi Nikki!

              Thank you so much for replying to my post.

              I like that which you said about the one who has passed through the
              veil becoming part of the energy all around us -- that's beautiful.
              And about letting go, absolutely so.

              Now, I'm one of these people who both sees and hears folks who have
              passed on. Not all the time, but I do see glimpses of them and hear
              their voices laughing or talking or reacting to a joke or comment, or
              even offering help on occasion.
              These are people in my family and not strangers. I've always taken
              the rather celtic perspective, that these are my ancestors, my
              people, and just accepted it. This ability has been a joy and a
              comfort to me, and I see and hear now 5 generations of them! (wow!
              Just realised that!) Not that I have a swarm of them in my head all
              the time. Just a word or comment here or there, or a glimpse. So I
              feel more like this is natural with my child too, rather than a
              negative thing holding him back, or hindering my healing. At the time
              of his passing, and for weeks after, I told him to go, that he was
              free, that we understood. And I know that he did go.

              But I think that the otherworld is much more infinate than we think -
              both time and place are different, things aren't chronological, and
              that for example, his spirit can be here and there at the same time.
              I really don't think that I'm holding him back. I have accepted that
              he is gone, and will not be back.

              But I do think that the shock of his going, the trauma involved, and
              the things that that did to his Dad and siblings,(who are a living
              breathing part of me, and in whose suffering I also partook, as
              their mother and nuturer) has left some kind of wound, which I need
              to try to remedy as best I can. Something besides the normal
              greiving, which one does for an elderly relative, for example, who
              was ending their natural cycle. Like my parents, who both died of old
              age.

              So that's my case. I'm just trying to ease my soul of the fear and
              nervousness and "spaciness" caused by this sudden death, and get back
              to a reasonably normal life. I know that there will always be a wound
              (that's what many parents of dead children say) but I want to do what
              I can to heal what I can.

              Blessings,
              Snow

              --- In ShamanicWays@yahoogroups.com, "blkbirdlvr" <blkbirdlvr@...>

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 12, 2007
                TY Steve,

                I have been over there to check it all out, and will do some more
                tomorrow. It looks really interesting. Only 10 minutes a session?
                Wow!! I think I'll go for the download first.

                Snow

                --- In ShamanicWays@yahoogroups.com, Steve Wilson <scsw2002@...>
                wrote:

> [...]
                > > now, in a way.
                > > He/she will always be with you. You're glimpses of
                > > the child shows
                > > you that or you wouldn't see them.And it's for that
                > > reason you have
                > > to pull yourself back together,because your child
                > > can see you and
                > > everything you go through. Walk through life knowing
                > > that your
                > > child's spirit is with you. I honestly believe our
                > > loved ones never
                > > leave us. They become the energy around us, and
                > > sometimes the energy
                > > we need to help us get through life until we meet
                > > them again. I hope
                > > this helps, I feel for you and any of your family. I
                > > have three
                > > children myself, and the thought of losing even one
                > > of them brings a
                > > feeling I hope to never feel. Time heals wounds,

                ______________
                mail, news, photos & more.

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 12, 2007
                  Dear Steve,

                  I really appreciate this. Your kind words mean alot. I am going to
                  try to read more, now, to work self healing, and help from the
                  spirits is what I need. During the past couple of months, I really
                  haven't had the energy or inclination to read or study to facilitate
                  the healing process - I've just been letting things take their
                  natural course. We didn't even get to bury him until two weeks ago.
                  Society demands soo much at these times.

                  Blessings,
                  Snow

                  --- In ShamanicWays@yahoogroups.com, "yzermongol" <yzermongol@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Snow,
                  > I am *very* sorry to hear of your loss. I will burn juniper for
                  you
                  > and pray for blessings from the spirits.
                  > Steve
                  >

                  > --- In ShamanicWays@yahoogroups.com, "Snow" <snowlaken@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi all ----
                  > >
                  > > It's quiet here. I wondered -- does anyone have any good tips on
                  > how
                  > > to pull one's life together after very heavy traumatic
                  happenings?
                  > > This has happened in my life, leaving me with one child less, and
                  > he
                  > > was an intagral part of my life, and now he's not there, and I am
                  > > trying to pull myself together again, without him. Time has taken
                  > on
                  > > a different dimension, and small things do not have the same
                  > > importance that they once did. I have read about soul
                  > fragmentation,
                  > > and I think that this would be a prime example, but I do not have
                  > > friendly nearby shaman, or any that I know of, to help with this.
                  > > wondered if there was anything you could suggest for me, for self
                  > > help? There is intense loss and pain involved, and remorse and
                  > even
                  > > anger at the threads which wove this pattern in our lives. I see
                  > him
                  > > sometimes, fleeting glimpses, and he's happy, so that's a good
                  > sign.
                  > > But I can't seem to find energy or concentration or interest in
                  > > much. And my memory is all screwed up.
                  > >
                  > > TY!
                  > > Snow

                • blkbirdlvr
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 13, 2007
> [...]
                    shows
                    > > you that or you wouldn't see them.And it's for that reason you
                    have
                    > > to pull yourself back together,because your child can see you and
                    > > everything you go through. Walk through life knowing that your
                    > > child's spirit is with you. I honestly believe our loved ones
                    never
                    > > leave us. They become the energy around us, and sometimes the
                    > energy
                    > > we need to help us get through life until we meet them again. I
                    > hope
                    > > this helps, I feel for you and any of your family. I have three
                    > > children myself, and the thought of losing even one of them
                    brings
                    > > feeling I hope to never feel. Time heals wounds, snow. -nikki
                    > >
                    >Hi snow. I just hope some of what I said will help you. The people
                    on this sight will be able to help you more, though. I have learned
                    alot from them, but I think herbal knowledge is more my field than
                    hard core spirituality. My beliefs tend to conflict themselves and
                    sometimes confuse the dickens out of me.LOL. I lost my father last
                    year to Lung cancer and a clot to the brain caused by a heartattack.
                    I lost my mother-in-law this year from Leukemia. I have seen my
                    mother-in-law since then. She'll open our bedroom door sometimes to
                    let us know she is here. She had wanted to watch my youngest son grow
                    up, so I think that is what she is doing. My father, visits me in my
                    dreams once in a while. We'll talk and then he's gone. I pretty much
                    know what works for me and what gets me through when death comes
                    knocking. For me, it's that they aren't gone, they are free. They are
                    with me everywhere I go now, and truthfully, that makes me happy.
                    Cause now I know I'm never alone. Best wishes-nikki
                  • Snow
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 14, 2007
                      Hi Nikki!

                      Good for me to know that others experience this, too. Then I know
                      I'm not totally nuts. I went looking for answers yesterday, about
                      soul loss, etc. And read some in Ailo Gaup's book -- his brand of
                      shamanism is different than some I've read -- but since I have to do
                      any of the healing work myself, I'll just read what I can find, and
                      do what I can. I also read from Nick's home page, and followed some
                      links. Little drops from everywhere do make a great pond. Speaking
                      of which, water is sacred, including your own, and can cleanse and
                      is a conductor, too.

                      I'm glad that your Mom in law sees your son growing, and that you
                      Dad is with you, too. All this has meant alot to me, gives me a good
                      strong feeling of who I am, and where I came from. Knowing your
                      ancestors is good, they say, in both Celtic and many other
                      traditions.

                      Blessings,
                      Snow

                      > >Hi snow. I just hope some of what I said will help you. The
                      people
                      > on this sight will be able to help you more, though. I have
                      learned
                      > alot from them, but I think herbal knowledge is more my field than
                      > hard core spirituality. My beliefs tend to conflict themselves and
                      > sometimes confuse the dickens out of me.LOL. I lost my father last
                      > year to Lung cancer and a clot to the brain caused by a
                      heartattack.
                      > I lost my mother-in-law this year from Leukemia. I have seen my
                      > mother-in-law since then. She'll open our bedroom door sometimes
                      > let us know she is here. She had wanted to watch my youngest son
                      grow
                      > up, so I think that is what she is doing. My father, visits me in
                      my
                      > dreams once in a while. We'll talk and then he's gone. I pretty
                      much
                      > know what works for me and what gets me through when death comes
                      > knocking. For me, it's that they aren't gone, they are free. They
                      are
                      > with me everywhere I go now, and truthfully, that makes me happy.
                      > Cause now I know I'm never alone. Best wishes-nikki

                    • Hawkfeather
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 14, 2007
                        I havent been saying much just so I could get to see how you all
                        interacted with each other, These coments you make are practical &
                        true. I can truly value simpathetic energys. I also remind my self
                        that, humanitys loss, is natures gain. In other words: When you loose a
                        loved one, The cycle of life goes on & is renewed. Plus as they pass
                        from this plain of exsistance to the next they are releved of
                        the "Pain" of this life. That type of release should be cause of
                        celebration, but the close ones to the person who has passed will feel
                        only the absence of the person in there life. So it is hard to feel
                        passed the grief at times. I wonder if there is a good meditation for
                        Loss & Grief. I hope to gain some more insight into this. Thanks for
                        Reading this if you do. Many blessings & peace be with all of you.
                        ~Hawk~Feather~
                      • blkbirdlvr
                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 14, 2007
                          --- In ShamanicWays@yahoogroups.com, "Hawkfeather" <heartoffire9@...>
                          wrote:

                          > I havent been saying much just so I could get to see how you all
                          > interacted with each other, These coments you make are practical &
                          > true. I can truly value simpathetic energys. I also remind my self
                          > that, humanitys loss, is natures gain. In other words: When you loose
                          > loved one, The cycle of life goes on & is renewed. Plus as they pass
                          > from this plain of exsistance to the next they are releved of
                          > the "Pain" of this life. That type of release should be cause of
                          > celebration, but the close ones to the person who has passed will
                          feel
                          > only the absence of the person in there life. So it is hard to feel
                          > passed the grief at times. I wonder if there is a good meditation for
                          > Loss & Grief. I hope to gain some more insight into this. Thanks for
                          > Reading this if you do. Many blessings & peace be with all of you.
                          > ~Hawk~Feather~

                          Hi Hawkfeather. Meditation is great for this, cause it can bring all
                          the energies together along with your own.
                        • Snow
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 15, 2007
                            Hello Hawk Feather

                            Yes, I agree, the cycle continues, no matter what. And it's true,
                            relief from pain and suffering is a time for joy. Release, at least.
                            I went looking online for some loss or grief meditations -- didn't
                            come up with much. I was sent this, which helped me alot, at the
                            time, and put things into perspective:

                            Passing (from the rites of the Free People)

                            So now his name is fully named,
                            His time here is complete.
                            The love of Life was given him,
                            His love was full and sweet.

                            To the Earth Mother, thanks
                            For the use of Her flesh,
                            To the All Mother, thanks
                            for Her Spirit.

                            To Time we give thanks
                            For the place of his dance,
                            And the joy that we found
                            Being near it.

                            For the sorrow you have given us
                            We forgive you.
                            For the love you have shown us
                            We thank you.

                            Go as you must,
                            Do as you will
                            Our blessing will always
                            Be With you.
                            And there is always a home for you
                            Here in our hearts,
                            Until the Time
                            You return here.

                            I am going to read and ask questions until I get some more guidance
                            with this issue -- dying and moving on. And help for those left
                            behind.

                            Blessings,
                            Snow

                            <heartoffire9@...> wrote:

                            > I havent been saying much just so I could get to see how you all
                            > interacted with each other, These coments you make are practical &
                            > true. I can truly value simpathetic energys. I also remind my self
                            > that, humanitys loss, is natures gain. In other words: When you
                            loose a
                            > loved one, The cycle of life goes on & is renewed. Plus as they
                            pass
                            > from this plain of exsistance to the next they are releved of
                            > the "Pain" of this life. That type of release should be cause of
                            > celebration, but the close ones to the person who has passed will
                            feel
                            > only the absence of the person in there life. So it is hard to
                            feel
                            > passed the grief at times. I wonder if there is a good meditation
                            for
                            > Loss & Grief. I hope to gain some more insight into this. Thanks
                            for
                            > Reading this if you do. Many blessings & peace be with all of you.
                            > ~Hawk~Feather~

                          • Nick Noble Wolf
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 15, 2007
                              Hello Snow,

                              It is good to hear that you have finally been able to bury your loved one.
                              Perhaps now, healing can begin. It will take time, and I don't think
                              anything but time truly works. When I lost my son many years ago, it took me
                              over a year to really begin to recover. However, to this day, the loss is
                              still with me. So, while I can say that I have healed from the loss, my
                              heart still misses him.

                              I do remind myself that he could not be reborn without dying first.

                              Blessings,
                              ~Nick

                              > It's quiet here. I wondered -- does anyone have any good tips on how
                              > to pull one's life together after very heavy traumatic happenings?
                              > This has happened in my life, leaving me with one child less, and he
                              > was an intagral part of my life, and now he's not there, and I am
                              > trying to pull myself together again, without him. Time has taken on
                              > a different dimension, and small things do not have the same
                              > importance that they once did. I have read about soul fragmentation,
                              > and I think that this would be a prime example, but I do not have a
                              > friendly nearby shaman, or any that I know of, to help with this. I
                              > wondered if there was anything you could suggest for me, for self
                              > help? There is intense loss and pain involved, and remorse and even
                              > anger at the threads which wove this pattern in our lives. I see him
                              > sometimes, fleeting glimpses, and he's happy, so that's a good sign.
                              > But I can't seem to find energy or concentration or interest in
                              > much. And my memory is all screwed up.
                              >
                              > TY!
                              > Snow
                              >

                              > Note that all attachments are removed to minimize the possible spread of
                              > viruses.
                              > Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • Snow
                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 16, 2007
                                Hi Nick ,

                                And thank you. Getting him buried was a big part of the process.
                                Closure.

                                I'm sorry that you, too, had to experience the loss of a child.
                                Someone told me that it was a gift, and at the time, I got angry.
                                How could this pain be a gift? Well, I can say the experience has
                                opened my eyes to many things, and maybe even taken some more rough
                                edges off me, who knows. I do see the world from a different
                                perspective, now.

                                You're right about the time thing, too - even though I didn't want
                                to accept that, either. This is a wound which cuts right to the
                                heart, and it is still acute. But time dulls the pain abit. You have
                                to learn to live with it. There is just something, shall I
                                say "sacred" with the bond which a parent has to his child. (If
                                handled properly, of course) So, may the days pass in a good way!

                                Blessings,
                                Snow

                                --- In ShamanicWays@yahoogroups.com, "Nick Noble Wolf"