Re: [Shamanic Ways] Wikipedia on shamanism

  • DNatureofDTrain
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2006
      I am a member of Wikipedia..
      I am willing to change it on my account if you want to. I joined cause it
      was bugging me some of the BS they were posting on Casey Jones and dates
      they were getting wrong so I kept correcting them lol.... Finally they left
      it be...

      But yes, Sure.. willing..
      - DNatureofDTrain

      --
      DNatureofDTrain's Home Page
      http://www.dnatureofdtrain.zzn.com

    • Forestmage
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
        --- Nick Noble Wolf <true_dog@...> wrote:
        > In my opinion, the Wikipedia article on shamanism is one hell of a
        > mess.
        > Awhile back I fixed up the article on totems and would love to do
        > something
        > with the shamanism article. However, I really feel that it needs to
        > be dumped and started over. I would like to work on it, but feel it
        > inappropriate to do so on my own.
        >
        > Knowing that more and more people are using Wikipedia, I feel that
        > this is important.
        >
        > Is anyone interested in participating in a rewrite effort?
        >
        > Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamanism

        Having just looked it over (read some of it, skimmed the rest), it
        certainly could have been worse than what I found. At least it attempts
        to cover the various views out there. One thing that kinda stuck out to
        me is that one might be left with the impression that shamans have
        pretty much disappeared in Siberia when it looks to me like they're
        making something of a come-back now that Soviet suppression is a thing
        of the past.

        I'd be willing to participate.

        FM

        Yahoo! Music Unlimited