Re: [Shamanic Ways] Ancestors bones...

  • Vance Biggs
    Message 1 of 75 , Sep 1, 2006
      Nick I agree with you but you have to remember we are talking about institutions not honorable beings that can be resoned with. These institutions were created "largely" to give the stupid or overly inept of the rich familys something to do with their time. Yes many of you reading this may become offended but I am commenting on the founding of the smithsonian and if you look at the list of facultyfor the first 30 years you will see alot of the same family names that were the richest and most influential at that time.

      Nick Noble Wolf <true_dog@...> wrote: It is their responsibility to make as close a determination as possible and
      return them to the people who have historically occupied the area the bones
      are believed to come from. Those people will take care of them in a good and
      honoring way.

      Blessings,
      ~Nick

      Message 75 of 75 , Sep 11, 2006
        --- Nick Noble Wolf <true_dog@...> wrote:
        > Unfortunately, they seem to get it wrong more often than they get it
        > right.
        > For a hundred and twenty-five years, they have been digging around in
        > Mesa Verde trying to figure out where the people (anasazi--the term
        > applied by
        > the Navajo) disappeared to. It was only recently that anyone thought
        > to ask
        > someone like the pueblo people, even though the artifacts dug up
        > would make asking them a lot of sense.

        You're right about the common tendency for scientists to sometimes pay
        little attention to local folklore in relation to what they're looking
        into. Fortunately, there seem to be some scientists now who are
        catching on to this error, and in some cases have been able to take
        certain discoveries further specifically because they decided to
        listen. But even the ones who don't are still for the most part
        sincerely working toward discovering what the real truth is, so I'm not
        sure they deserve any sort of blanket denigration.

        FM

        http://mail.yahoo.com