Re: seeking spirit

  • Raykmond
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2002
      --- In ShamanicWays@y..., true_dog2 <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > I don't disagree with you, but expand it to include unhappy
      > experiences. God put us here to have all types of experiences.
      > Through those experiences, we grow spiritually.
      >
      > ~True Dog

      True Dog
      To me it is through the bad experiences that I have learned to
      appreciate the good. You are right, the yin and the yang. Good and
      bad. All are experiences and can usually ... eventually be looked
      upon as a good thing.

      I remember riding my motorcycle to Cleveland Texas for a ritual I was
      attending about six months ago. Half way there it started raining
      even though the wonderful weather man had said clear skies. Oh well.
      As I was new to riding bikes, I was extremely cautious. But I noticed
      that I was enjoying nature while also regretting the rain. I noticed
      how clean the air smelled. The cool, clean air hitting me just prior
      to the rain comming. I could smell the trees and grass. Hear the
      animals, cows, horses etc while riding by. The things one usually
      misses while in a car. The weather got extremely bad. The wind was
      extreem, the rain falling horizontal. I pulled over as well as three
      other vehicles, cars, also beside me. Soaking wet, cold, tired...but
      when all was said and done, when I crossed the Cleveland city limits,
      I roused a rebel yell so loud I startled myself. I could actually
      feel the clensing.

      Life was good. I now appreciate a good rain from time to time.
      BB
      Raykmond
    • true_dog2
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 3, 2002
        --- In ShamanicWays@y..., "Raykmond" <raykmond@y...> wrote:

        > I now appreciate a good rain from time to time.

        But not while riding your motorcycle, I'll bet :-)

        ~True Dog
      • Raykmond
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 3, 2002
          --- In ShamanicWays@y..., true_dog2 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > --- In ShamanicWays@y..., "Raykmond" <raykmond@y...> wrote:
          >
          > > I now appreciate a good rain from time to time.
          >
          > But not while riding your motorcycle, I'll bet :-)
          >
          > ~True Dog

          Yes, now I try to keep my clensing rituals and my riding seperate.
          But I do go out to circle during rain now from time to time.
          :-P LOL
          Raykmond