Re: [Shamanic Ways] MEDITATION : A WAY TO APPROACH GOD.

  • Aaron
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2012
      Nick � if that was directed to me; No.

      I wouldn't presume to put form to Spirit. I may have visions or journeys in which Spirit takes form, but that would just be what my minds eye was needing to see at the moment. Then again, I wouldn't presume those visions to be the wholeness of Spirit, but rather just guides during my journey. I don't even use the word "God/dess" unless I am referring to a figure named by another group of people.

      That being said, there are a few named "Gods" through some cultures that resonate with me; maybe just in the sense that something inside me that feels drawn to the figure, but I certainly don't worship them in the way they were worshiped then or the way the "modern" Gods are worshiped now. For instance, Bast (Bastet) or Ma'at of ancient Egypt (I could go on through many cultures) � I find these figures fascinating and a good way to segue into the point of my "theory". If enough people put their energy into a figure (as they did then or some do now), could the figure manifest? Not as the wholeness of Spirit or as THE God (as some modern religions like to think their God is the only God), but as a deity given form by its worshipers. In that sense, it is man who created God, not God who created man =)
      Aaron